No announcement yet.

aussie intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191223_145519.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	1574591 so I started doing some more work with the project. I'm eliminating the pcv, the driver side of the manifold already has this fitting , so I drilled and tapped the other side right at the pcv port. I'll run some hose from these fittings to a vented catch can on the fender wall. I also tapped and plugged the pcv hole in the plenum.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mdiesel; 12-23-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Started porting, you can see the stock ports need quite a bit of work. I got one port shaped, still gotta clean it up , but I opened it up pretty good, especially at the injector port.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah they look like they can be ported quite a bit. Looks good. Where do you have to get lower intake gaskets from since it’s a Aussie setup? Just wondering.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Yeah they look like they can be ported quite a bit. Looks good. Where do you have to get lower intake gaskets from since it’s a Aussie setup? Just wondering.
          The lower gasket is exactly the same as ours. It's the mid and upper gaskets that I'll have to get from Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post

The lower gasket is exactly the same as ours. It's the mid and upper gaskets that I'll have to get from Australia.
            That’s not too bad then.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That’s not too bad then.
              Yea, 30 bucks for the gaskets 75 for shipping...

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post

Yea, 30 bucks for the gaskets 75 for shipping...
                I take it back then, $75 for shipping is crazy.lol

Comment

I take it back then, $75 for shipping is crazy.lol
                  Exactly, that's why I'm deleting the heater core. The aussie parts I'd need arent all that expensive, but the international shipping... itd be like 90 in parts and 225 in shipping . I got lucky with the manifold in that it was a complete unit and I only had to pay shipping once. The porting is going well, I'm going through sanding drums like they're free.... will post more pics when she's all done

Comment

Yeah I’m deleting my heat also because when the turbo goes in along with the A/C.

Comment

Got the porting all done. Removed all the casting dags in the plenum and polished her to 320 grit. Did the same in the runners, and got the ports opened up to martch the gasket. Gained allot in the ports, almost 1/8" in height and about 3/32" in width at each port, not to mention they're all more even in shape than they were stock. Next I'll be tearing the motor apart.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great.You decide on your cam yet?
                        Last edited by ssms5411; 12-29-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Looks really good! How much longer until install?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Im pretty settled on the GT2 cam. Installation's still a ways off though, gotta pull the rest of the motor apart , get the rest of the new parts I need , and then get it all back together. so lots of work still to be done. will post more pics as the build goes on.

Comment

GT2 is a good cam should put out some good numbers.

Comment

GT2 is a good cam should put out some good numbers.
                                Yea, after a lengthy email discussion with the guys at zzp , I decided on the GT2 over the S1X . It's tighter lsa and lower lift should give me the low end I'm looking for and the ability to give her lots of throttle down low. Hopefully she'll be the quick lil street rat I want her to be.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X