Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 02 sim, but which 02?

Hey all,

Have a 2002 3.8 Firebird with Flowmaster American Thunder catback, and last year added Magnaflow hi flow cat.

Now getting code P0420, catalyst inefficiency, left bank.

Looking to get the 02 sim from afterthoughts auto, but which 02 does it take the place of? The left bank 02, or is it always the rear 02 by the cat?

Also, seems like there are 4 different 02 sim connectors; do we know which connector type I need, or should I unplug it and physically look to make sure??

thanx...
    Last edited by dafirebird; 07-30-2018, 07:50 AM.

You may try this solution that firebirdgt posted in the other full exhaust thread the other day from this company: http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/straight-cel-fix.html

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

This is the thread here: https://www.camarov6.com/forum/techn...-exhaust/page6 and is addresses in the last post of the thread

The O2 sensor would be the one post CAT that needs to be addressed as that is the one that is the check and balance for the CAT working. Post Cat is the one after the CAT furthest going to the rear of the Camaro / Firebird

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

^^cool...thanx for the info!

Comment

I put and order in at Big Daddies Garage for the angled O2 spacer. Not enough room for the straight type; just hoping that it tightens at a forward or aft position and not up or down because that wouldn't work either.

I hesitate getting the O2 sim from Afterthoughts Auto because it is another piece of electronics that takes the place of the O2 sensor and ties into the ECM - afraid that might confuse it more and make things worse.

Has anyone here used either type from Afterthoughts or Big Daddies and have any feedback on how well (or for how long) either type works? What I am getting at is I want to do this once, not find out this or that won't work (or if it only works for a few months) and I've gotta do it all over again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X