Full Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Exhaust

I have catback exhaust on my 02 Camaro. I'd like to get a full exhaust system, but need some help and don't want to get ripped off.

so if I have catback exhaust already, what else would I need like headers, y pipe, high flow cat?

Im not sure what my exhaust size is. Not sure if my exhaust tips are bigger than the rest of my exhaust.

the results I want from my exhaust is the most power gains I can get. I want my car to be quicker and feel more torque. I don't care about it sounding really loud. I like the humble growl of my Magnaflows, but wouldn't mind my car being loud.

With paying for the parts and labor at a muffler shop, What price range do you think I will I be looking at for full exhaust, attached to the already installed catback Magnaflows?
    Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 06-26-2018, 02:26 AM.

You could get Pacesetters which come with the Y pipe and is 3 " from there, then get the 3" over the axle , Dynomax makes them from Summit racing, then the 3" intermediate pipe and your done, except if you plan on running a cat then just buy a 3" high flow off ebay for $100. I forget how much the over the axle and intermediate pipe were but not too bad. Then take all the piping to the exhaust shop. You might want to do the header install yourself, save some money. Look at the parts being $600 and about $300-$400 for labor with you doing the headers.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That sounds great thanks.

If I got that setup How loud will it be compared to just catback Magnaflow? I have a k&n cold air intake as well.

if I do have the headers installed at the exhaust shop any idea how much the labor should cost?

For better power gains, would it be better to run a high flow cat or no cat?

Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 06-27-2018, 03:13 AM.

Comment

The exhaust flow will be greater with 3 " pipping, don't know about the sound depends on your muffler. Just call shops and see what they'll charge, only thing you can do. As far as the cat goes, 3" high flow will be good.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Save yourself some money- run headers and have a local exhaust shop run 2.75” or 3” piping from the headers back to the muffler you currently have- then right before the axle have them make an exhust cut out that you can open.

If you want the extra few hp and a loud car open the cut out, if you want it quieter close the cutout.

you’ll spend less money this way and still have the most amount of performance than buying a catback kit or any of that stuff.

My local shop charged me about 300$ to run pipes from the cat back and with a cutout

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Can't find the dynomax piping, was going to post a link, i would still call exhausts shops and see what they say.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 06-27-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

So order some pacesetter headers and run straight pipes to my cat back exhaust?

Do I have to order the 3" pipes or is that something an exhaust shop would carry? I really like the idea of the cut out.

trying to figure everything out first so I know exactly what I want before talking to the shop.

Comment

Yes, Pacesetters they come with the Y pipe, also high flow cat, exhaust shop should have 3" piping.

Comment

Could I just do pacesetter headers with no Y pipe and no high flow cat? Just straight 3" pipes (that the shop should already have) all the way to my Magnaflows? Thought LETZRIDE was saying it's cheaper that way?
                  No emissions testing here by the way.

Also my catback exhaust wobbles a little. does all aftermarket exhaust tend to wobble a little over bumps?
                  Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 06-28-2018, 05:39 AM.

Comment

The pacesetter headers come with a y-pipe. You can eliminate your cat but you’ll likely get a code from the o2 sensor- so you will either need to get a o2 sim or have the code tuned out.

If you are going to eliminate the cat you could also look to eliminate the Y-pipe and ask the shop to fabricate up an H pipe for you instead. I have heard the odd video of guys that have done this and it sounds mean and should give you a little bit more power. An H pipe will mean you have true duals so two pipes will be run to the back of the car versus the one that shows up as 2 when put into your muffler.

Comment

You can check out this thread as well on True Duals : https://www.camarov6.com/forum/techn...-my-true-duals

Unfortunately a number of photobucket images are no longer available, but there are a few that work.

Comment

Ok so if I order 2 things, which are the pacesetter headers, and a high flow cat, I can then take that to the exhaust shop and they will make the 3" pipes which will connect to my catback exhaust and I'm done?

Or I could order headers and have the shop make an H pipe and run no cat but i will probably get a code.

Or like ssms5411 said, I could get already made exhaust parts/kits? but they will cost some more.

Are those basically the 3 options? Besides header brands and whether or not I want a cat
                        Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 06-28-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Pacesetters is going to be your only option on headers unless Clear Image is still making them, but they were quite expensive.

Comment

My OBX are still in the box! LOL
                            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                              My OBX are still in the box! LOL
                              I couldn't find them ebay so I assumed they stopped making them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X