No announcement yet.

Full Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said you run straight boots with heat sleeves and it works fine with your headers so Could I actually just keep all my stock spark plugs and wires on and just buy heat sleeves and that would work fine with my headers? so I can get my car out of shop? And I can eventually change plugs and wires
    Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 07-21-2018, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Yeah you could do that, just because of the time frame your in.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ok awesome. Will my car run ok with the stock plugs an wires or will I need to upgrade the spark plugs and wires ASAP?

Comment

It ran before with the stockers , I don't see why it wouldn't heres some boot protectors I was talking about:
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/2500-Spark-...sid=m570.l1313
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ssms5411 do you think there's any difference between your 96 and my 02 that would make me need a 90 degree spark plug boot? I hope just the heat sleeves work. I see that in the pacesetter header sticky it says somthing about the 90 degree boot. Think I'm just going to see if the auto part stores have heat sleeves.
            Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 07-25-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Yes mine work great, its a pain trying to get 90 degree wires into heat sleeves, straight should work fine, mine are 10.3 thick wires too. I didn't like the 90 degree boots too close to the header.

Comment

If you need I can take a pic of how they are on mine. Let me know. Its getting dark here but I can take them in the morning.

Comment

Yeah a pic would be great. Maybe I'll take one of mine too if we can't figure it out tomorrow.

Comment

Sounds good, ill snap a few in the morning.

Comment

Heres some pics, kinda cramped. You can see the black heat sleeves discolored on some thats where it rests on the headers but the wires are fine.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 07-15-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Did the pics help any?

Comment

Yes thanks.

heat sleeves on. I drove around a while and noticed it doesn't sound or feel right. I'm not sure if this is just a break in period? But I have a feeling somethings wrong.

when I lightly step on gas and keep the rpms low it sounds good. But at higher rpms it sounds like a baseball card in bike spokes? It kind of feels like a loss of power instead of a gain?

And the strange thing is when I pop the hood it looks and sounds like the engines running strong. I don't hear any weird sounds. And it sounds nice at idle, just a little deeper than it sounded before.

Do you know any problems with egr and these headers?
                          Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 07-18-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I don't use a egr on mine, but aslong as it doesn't leak you should be fine, you probably noticed the power band moved up since theirs less back pressure.

Comment

Is this baseball card in bike spokes sound normal? Is that how your car sounds when accelerating? Other ways I can describe the sound is.. it sounds like my engine is ticking and sounds kind of like a motorcycle or an old car.

wondering if he could of damaged a spark plug or didn't weld the cat on right or somthing? Check engine light is not on.

By the way when I say higher rpms, I mean anything more then foot very lightly on pedal.

If nothing is wrong, Do you think the sound will get better? Maybe headers just have to break in more.

What are the benefits to not having an egr?
                              Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 07-16-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Ticking sound could be exhaust leak, if your egr is working I would leave it alone. Your always going to have rasp sound in the higher rpms its because its a v6 and not a v8. But ticking could be a exhaust leak, I would look into that first.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X