No announcement yet.

Full Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because I bought mine in Nov 2010 doesn't mean they don't have them. EVERYBODY make parts for 22-year old V6 F-bodys! ROFL
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Yeah,lol can't find them on obx website either, you ever going to install them?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Sure - along with the 100 other parts taking up space in my garage. LOL

Raven

Comment

You probably have more projects then I do,lol
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So I went to the Exhaust shop, and they said they will install the headers as well as the cat.

im going to order these 2 parts and take them to the shop.

Are these the right pacesetter headers to order?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/p...t/model/camaro

What is the part number or link for the magnaflow high flow cat?

depending on price I would like to possibly do The 3" dynomax mandrel bend also if you have that part number

Are my stock spark plugs going to work with these headers?
            Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 07-03-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

You can probably save some money buying those Pacesetters on ebay, also find the 3" cat on ebay. I cant find the mandrel bent pipes anywhere, must have been discontinued. Plugs should be fine on fitment. But if you haven't changed them in awhile , now would be a good time when they install the headers. Ill see if I can find a 3" cat and post a link.

Comment

Cat I bought

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-9...-/141460389993

Raven

Comment

This is the one I found , they didn't have the polished Pacesetter headers on ebay ,
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/MagnaFlow-5...AAAOSwi8xaKDY-

Comment

Lm performance has the coated pacesetters for $365 , little cheaper than Summit racing.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Good find on the cheaper headers ssms.

Iam considering not doing the pacesetters right now.

I read this in one of stickys

Headers: headers futher increase the flow of exhaust, the end result is once again more HP and TQ. Headers replace the stock exhaust manifolds. *please note that later year 3.8L(2000 thru 2002) fbodies came with much better flowing tubular exhaust manifolds, and headers wont provide much more performance over the stock manifolds.*

since I won't get much more performance anyway because I have an 02 camaro, iam thinking about getting the Y pipe and cat done and waiting on the headers until I get my garage built so I can install them myself. Still may get the headers done at the shop though.

If I wait on getting the headers done, would I just need the 3" cat and Y pipe?

I want all the stock restrictive pipes off.

Is there a link or part number for the Y pipe I would need?

Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 07-04-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

You could email pacesetter and see if you can buy it separately. Or buy the kit.. or see if the exhaust shop can make one, about the only options.

Comment

To be honest I would go with the headers and skip on the mandrel bent exhaust pipes...you'll get more gains from the headers than you will mandrel bends.

If you need to hear what headers, high flow cat, 2.75" exhaust to a cutout sounds like (not mandrel bends) along with a cam and heads this was my v6:

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

mandrel vs non mandrel is minimal - what matters is exhaust flow and speed...yes mandrel will increase the speed marginally, but the bigger size and elimination of restrictions is what makes the biggest difference.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Sounded pretty good Mike. Mine should sound similar with a open downpipe I hope.

Comment

Sounds good. Nice 1/4 mile times.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X