throttle-body comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle-body comparison

Anybody know if there is a difference in the 98 t/b for the Camaro and a 99/00 t/b from a regal? Are they both the same size, 65mm? I want to go to cable and not fly-by-wire?

Re: throttle-body comparison

Not clear what you are trying to do. Put the 98 FB TB on the Regal?
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Just looking to replace the t/b on the Camaro. If the two t/b's are the same, being both are for 3800's, then it shouldn't be a problem. I don't want a reduced venturi area. I would prefer larger, but equal is fine. Otherwise I will get a universal instead.

Comment

They are not the same, nor is there an "universal" or aftermarket. The F-body TB linkage is also different for auto vs manual trans.

Raven

Comment

Thanks FirebirdGT, a friend of mine is suggesting the use of a northstar w/northstar maf and an adapter. Lokar for the pedal and cable. This is a 4l60E.

Comment

I really don't understand why you want to replace a cable TB with another cable TB. Or do you have a 99+ with a eTB?

Raven

Comment

Sorry, let me clarify my intent. I have started collecting parts for a turbo swap in my 2k Camaro, from a 3800 to an old school 4.1. However I still need a better rear to put under it, plus frame connecters, lca, uca, etc. So I'm looking at about $2k more before completing it. Which looks like it will have to wait until spring. Now I also have a complete 01 s/c kit(from a g/prix) I can use in the mean time for a little more power.
              However I wasn't able to find the throttle body and needed an equivalent replacement. I didn't realize the L-67 t/b was a 69mm and not a 65mm. I was informed yesterday and then I found my t/b in the box w/the pistons and rods. One of the rods hit the honeycomb but still it's still usable.
              By chance do you know if the 01 pcm can be tuned by using an HPTuner or is that only good for the 97/98 model pcm's?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X