Magnaflow Cat for 3.8 V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnaflow Cat for 3.8 V6

Does anybody here have this catalytic converter? It's California legal too and next week I have to smog my car.

I currently have Random Tech Cat, which has been great. I did felt a change in power after I installed this, but it's no longer Calif. legal because they changed the standard law again. Damn them.

I'm just worried that I might lose power and be more restrictive than Random Tech.

Re: Magnaflow Cat for 3.8 V6

I lived 25 years in CA...driving 30mph or slower on the freeways...I doubt you will notice a difference driving today.
    Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
      I lived 25 years in CA...driving 30mph or slower on the freeways...I doubt you will notice a difference driving today.
      I'm assuming you're talking about the heavy traffic in S. Calif. where you often find yourself driving 30mph during rush hours.

I have a Supercharger, which I uninstall when it's time for smog. Random Tech has been great and it's been known for being less restrictive.

Comment

I sometimes have a Magnaflow High flow cat on my car. They are fine.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input, Brian. I got the parts today from Autozone and I can't believe how small it is. It's about the same size as the one on my Civic.

I'll find out this Friday once this thing is installed and how it does compare to Random.

Comment

Alright got it on now. And no, Randam tech cat is better. I can definitely feel the difference in performance. After the Random was taken out I looked through the cones and noticed the holes were slightly bigger than the Magnaflow.

It did quieted the car down by a notch.

Another reason to hate Calif.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X