Accessory bolts and brackets for '00 camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessory bolts and brackets for '00 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessory bolts and brackets for '00 camaro

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the site but a 10-yr regular on ls1tech. I have zero experience with the V6 in a 4th gen and recently bought a project car which is a '00 V6 auto, t-tops, power everything, etc. anyways I bought the car with the motor half torn apart by a crappy shop that was jerking around the previous owner. So now I have a pile of bolts, brackets, and parts. I've done head swaps before but I've never worked on this motor. The issue is knowing where all the little brackets go and which bolts go where or which ones are missing altogether which I know is very likely. Any tips on where I can get detailed guidance on these items? I can put the heads and intake back on pretty easily it's just all the random little bits that have me worried. If I knew what size bolt goes where I could buy the missing parts and avoid the stealership for the most part.
    Thanks

Re: Accessory bolts and brackets for '00 camaro

Your going to need the shop manuals,they should be available on Ebay.

Or just get a wrecking yard 3.8L for a couple hundred and save yourself a big headache.

Comment

Thanks. I'm thinking the Haynes manual won't go into enough detail like the shop manuals will just don't want to drop $200 on shop manuals on this thing when I could buy a used motor for not much more than that. Best case is it just had leaking intake gaskets which caused it to overheat (this is why the previous owner took it in) and I can put it all back together with new gaskets and be done with it. I'm hopeful that I can get close and then with some help from pics/forum I can at least identify where the missing parts/bolts go and then go in to the dealership to look it up on their diagrams for free.

Comment

The intake gaskets won't cause it to overheat.

The head gaskets will though.

Check the pan for coolant mixed in the oil .

Check for a set of shop manuals on Ebay.

Comment

Intake gaskets will make it over heat. Anything that lets air into the system will make it overheat .
          Last edited by FirebirdGT; 09-24-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I'd just pull the heads and have them checked. Never know what exactly what else could be lurking. If a shop screwed around with it and didn't even finish tear down, you could have debris in the engine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X