Throttle body questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body questions

I'm back building parts to do a l67 swap on my 02 Firebird and was wondering If anyone has or knows how to put a Northstar throttle body on the car. I've seen photos (ls1 throttlebody swap) but not any explanation. It seems to me that the throttle cable off a LS car would work but I don't have one to look at to really know if its that simple.

Also has anyone cut into an Eaton gen 5 for the swap? instead of an m90 (I have one and don't want to screw it up when I make the bend for the FWD setup)

Thanks

Re: Throttle body questions

If you didn't already know 99+ are drive by wire an not cable driven. just an FYI.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

That's why I posted this I'm wondering if there is a cable conversion for the v6's or if the ls1 accelerator pedal and cable would work.

Comment

what about converting to the pre 98 Firebird cable?

Comment

You need to convert to a 98 or earlier PCM/Harness.

Just an FYI, you can in fact run an electric throttle body on the setup. Whole lot less guesswork going on that way.

Just need to make sure you have the right bolt pattern on the inlet when you route it around the firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
            You need to convert to a 98 or earlier PCM/Harness.

Just an FYI, you can in fact run an electric throttle body on the setup. Whole lot less guesswork going on that way.

Just need to make sure you have the right bolt pattern on the inlet when you route it around the firewall.
            I was thinking about this last night, I can make an adapter plate no big deal really. Would a 06 Northstar or an 04 GTP throttle body wire in with out all the guess work?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              9 hours ago
            • ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X