flowmaster rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flowmaster rattle

Ok my flowmaster muffler has broke loose inside and rattling when I pull out. I would like to replace just the muffler. The shop quoted me $175. The muffler is 8 years old. I was thinking maybe about getting something a little quieter. The flowmaster sounded just right with the stock catalytic converter but now that I have a magnaflow converter, it is much louder. Should I go with a magnaflow muffler or maybe a turbo muffler?

Thanks
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Re: flowmaster rattle

I have pacesetter headers, y pipe, 3'' exhaust to a new flowmaster 80 series and I love it. I don't have a catalytic Converter either.

Comment

the exhaust shop was able to repair my flowmaster by cutting the tail pipe close to the muffler and sticking the welder tip in far enough in to tack the loose baffle inside and reweld the tip back on was only like $40
      1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

Which series flowmaster do you currently have, and what size / type of exhaust tips are you running? Are you wanting to possibly change the tips also?

Comment

I have the 80 series flowmaster with 3" stainless tips. I am going to keep the tips and just change out the muffler. Im just not sure which muffler to get.
          2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Dynomax super turbo. You'll never regret it.

Comment

Was gonna go with the super turbo but it turned out to be my catalytic converter rattling instead. The magnaflow converter had only been on for about 4 years, most of which it sat in the garage. I got an AP exhaust converter put on and so far, I'm very happy with it.
              2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

My 2000 has the original muffler...now almost 15 years old...works just fine....does not growl as I drive.
                Phil

Comment

Mine is 7 years old. No rattle.

Comment

I have a dynomax bullet race muffler its been holding up fine.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to get another phone
                      by ssms5411
                      Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Leaking front cover
                      by ssms5411
                      So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • transamtom1
                      Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                      by transamtom1
                      Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X