Exhaust suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust suggestions

Ok I've been having some rattling problems with my exhaust. The guy and I that looked at, we are about 99% sure something is broke off inside the muffler and it sounds like absolute crap. Now contrary to popular belief I actually like the flowmaster I have on it. I know there are tons of exhaust videos but I want people to chime in that has had actual exhaust on their car. I'm open to different muffler suggestions. Also thought about a muffler delete into 3'' dual tail pipes but not really sure about that. Maybe some different exhaust tips too.
    My current exhaust setup is pacesetter headers, y pipe, !CAT, 3'' pipe to my flow master and dual outs.
    Here is my youtube for some exhaust
    https://www.youtube.com/user/dereksimon07/videos

Re: Exhaust suggestions

I have a Borla pro xs on my car now and I love it, only issue I have with it is it's almost too quiet for me. With an intake, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat, and the borla exhaust I put down 194 whp 225 lb/ft.

Comment

O wow. Do you have any videos? I love mine the way it is. Sounds good at idle and even going down the highway. Not too loud. Not too quite either.

Comment

No I don't I can take one at work tomorrow with a cell phone just to get some idea of the sound though. Mind you I also made that power after a tune, before it was around 180ish hp and 200ish torque.

Comment

I see. I already have a tune and all that good stuff as well.

Comment

I have a stainless steel Magnaflow cat-back. At first I hated it. (It was raspy and sounded like an import) HOWEVER after some time it began to mellow out a bit. But it was not until I installed a whisper lid intake on my car that the exhaust sounded the way I wanted. It is not raspy at all anymore, and has that deep sound that I was looking for. It definitely took time for it to break in. It also has that cool poping noise once in awhile when I am decelerating in gear in the higher RPMs.

It sounds perfect!!

Comment

I have had quite a few, and found dynomax to sound the best on my car and my truck.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Dynomax for. The. Win. Ran it stock, built, and now boosted. Love it in every use.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  I have had quite a few, and found dynomax to sound the best on my car and my truck.
                  Part number?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Borla ftw

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                      Part number?

Don't know the part numbers anymore, but for the Camaro I run the Dynomax 3" bullet race muffler and the truck I run a 3" in and 2 2.5" out muffler. The popular one is the Dynomax super turbo muffler.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 06-17-2014, 06:41 AM.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

This is the dynomax I have. 3" inlet, dual 2.5" outlet. Part# 17776
                        http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-17776
                        Sorry for the mobile link.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                          This is the dynomax I have. 3" inlet, dual 2.5" outlet. Part# 17776
                          http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-17776
                          Sorry for the mobile link.
                          Yeah, that looks like the one I have on the truck and it use to be on the Camaro.

Comment

Flowmaster 3" intermediate pipe: FLO-26087
                            Dynomax 3" Axle cross over pipe: WLK-53061
                            Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler 3" inlet 3" dual outlet: WLK-17670

Yeah, I know 3" all the way is probably overkill on just a heads/cam/intake and longtube car. Who cares. That exhaust is allowing me room to move up in power levels especially after the turbo goes on.

Car is very mellow with that exhaust, not ricey, and at idle it has just a nice lope to it without waking the neighbors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GECzbYPrcGc

Comment

I have pacesetter headers/ y pipe, 3'' exhaust pipe, No cat, No egr, flowmaster muffler. All 3'' pipe and I think it sounds better with 3'' pipe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X