Exhaust Cutouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Cutouts?

What's everyone's opinion on Cutouts on exhausts? Been thinking of having one put on in a few weeks. Just a few questions, How many do I need? I thought I would go ahead and get two. What brand do you recommend? I've heard good things about Summit Cutouts.

I've seen a couple folks use cutouts and some sound mean, others sound more raspy something I definitely want to avoid. Thanks in advance.

Re: Exhaust Cutouts?

Unless you have a true duel exhaust , you should only need 1 cutout. Theirs alot of Co. that sell cutouts, FTP is what I used awhile back and it was pretty good. On sound its going to depend on mods you have like cam, headers, etc. Also where you put it at before the Cat or after the Cat will have affect on the sound. And of course exhaust size, do you have stock exhaust or 3" exhaust and if you have a Cat on your car or not.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-28-2014, 01:04 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Unless you have a true duel exhaust , you should only need 1 cutout. Theirs alot of Co. that sell cutouts, FTP is what I used awhile back and it was pretty good. On sound its going to depend on mods you have like cam, headers, etc. Also where you put it at before the Cat or after the Cat will have affect on the sound. And of course exhaust size, do you have stock exhaust or 3" exhaust and if you have a Cat on your car or not.
      Thank you, I could have made a huge mistake. I have a 99' W68 with everything stocked. I plan on adding Pacesetter Headers and catback exhaust in the future. Recommend any good systems for a noob?Thanks.
      Last edited by nightowl; 03-28-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I had a cutout for quite some time, and taking it off the car was the best thing I ever did with it..

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
          I had a cutout for quite some time, and taking it off the car was the best thing I ever did with it..
          Why is that? I just bought a quick time performance 3 inch which I will be installing this weekend.

Comment

Mine leaked out the gate, and I hated the sound above idle.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
              Mine leaked out the gate, and I hated the sound above idle.
              Thats why I got rid of mine, way too loud. I have my exhaust dumped before the rear axle with no cat and a Dynomax race muffler, so its pretty loud already.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My car's actually pretty quiet. 3" downpipe to the Super turbo, dual out. No cat. But the muffler is pretty quiet.

Comment

When my turbo was on I ran a 3" downpipe open and it was quieter than my exhaust is now. I liked it, and will probably do the same when I put it back on. Glad your still running the Dynomax Turbo muffler , its one of my favorites.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 03-29-2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

It's the only thing I've actually liked the sound of. But I had to get a new one, since the one I got from you ended up getting a loose baffle after about 30k miles and 2ish years. Just got one with duals now.

I also forgot that the gate on my cutout went out, the motor quit after about 6 months.

Comment

I love the cutout on my downpipe. Makes the turbo sing. I think its a badlanz. Its electric.

Comment

Before I pull the trigger, will this Dynomax exhaust: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dynomax-kit-19396/20380158-P?navigationPath=L1*14932|L2*14983#fragment-4
                        sound good with a cutout? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl View Post
                          Before I pull the trigger, will this Dynomax exhaust: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dynomax-kit-19396/20380158-P?navigationPath=L1*14932|L2*14983#fragment-4
                          sound good with a cutout? Thanks.

Don't know it doesn't give any specs on it. Is it 3" pipping, is it mandrel bent over the axle? Are you just doing the pipping from the Cat? Do you have headers already and do you have a stock cat?
                          Last edited by ssms5411; 03-31-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I would do Pacesetter headers which give you a 3" Y pipe then a 3" highflow Cat, and 3" all the way back with mandrel bent pipping over the axle to the muffler then have your 2 exhaust outlets. I would put the cutout right before the muffler.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                              Had to get another phone
                              by ssms5411
                              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                              1 week ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Leaking front cover
                              by ssms5411
                              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • transamtom1
                              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                              by transamtom1
                              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X