EGR tube filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR tube filter?

I bought a used EGR valve from someone in the forum that said was working when taken out of the car. I installed it but SES light still there. I have already cleaned the valve, and everything connected to it with carburetor cleaner but not working. I read about just disconnecting the egr metal pipe from the header and putting a filter in it, a filter from a lawn mower. But I don't get it, How I am going to put in that filter, or a piece of it? Will this really erase the EGR code?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: EGR tube filter?

did you have the code cleared? if not how do you know it didnt fix the problem, its not going to clear itself.

Comment

Re: EGR tube filter?

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
      did you have the code cleared? if not how do you know it didnt fix the problem, its not going to clear itself.
      Oh, I thought it was going to clear it self.
      Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X