Which cat back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cat back?

So I was thinking about the cat back I want to put on the car, but I dont want it to be something that will push potential buyers away. Nothing too crazy. I have the Pacesetter's and magnaflow cat, but the stock cat back is rattling at me at speeds above 75 ish, So I want to change it before I sell it. I really like the SLP Loudmouth system on my buddies 01 SS but I know the V6 will sound different with it. He also has pacesetters and magnaflow cat. I dont like the tips though. So I was going to buy the SLP Loudmouth II muffler and do a 3 inch intermediate pipe and come out on the driver side with a dual 3.5 inch tip. Do you guys think this will be too loud? Any other suggestions?

Re: Which cat back?

Borla and don't look back

Comment

Originally posted by alex553 View Post
      Borla and don't look back
      x2

slp sounds like crap on the v6

Comment

Borla has always been my favorite for the 3.8 also.

Comment

Super turbo. Allllll day.

Comment

So Borla? Which muffler, or does it matter?

Comment

Don't put the Loudmouth on, it sounds awful.

Flowmaster or Borla is the best but the Borlas are pricey. I have a Flowmaster, I love it, I couldn't ask for a better sound.
              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I have Flowmaster on my 01.

I agree with "1997 Canadian 3.8", it's got the best sound for V6es, in part, because of the resonator Flowmaster sticks under the passenger side rear seat cushion.

Also, I like the look of its tail pipes.

Comment

really your comparing crapmaster to Borla? my car had flowmaster on it when I got it, they sound horrible at any rpm range. You can make your on cat back pretty cheap, Borla muffler of your choice (shop for the best price) then get walker part number #47696 ($100 shipped form rockauto) its the 93-95 LT1 2.5" s,i and over the axle pipe, which runs just like ours. have the shop make the tail pipes.

Comment

i am doing custom tips because i dont like the off the shelf ones. i am trying to decide on a muffler lol i dont know what sounds good.

Comment

Why is there no following of the Dynomax Super Turbo anymore!? I had Magnaflow and Flowmaster on my car in years past, and hated both. 2.5" single in dual out Super Turbo and it's by far my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        Why is there no following of the Dynomax Super Turbo anymore!? I had Magnaflow and Flowmaster on my car in years past, and hated both. 2.5" single in dual out Super Turbo and it's by far my favorite.
                        Yeah I like the Dynomax super turbo.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

... that's why I bought my first one from you lol

Comment

How's this one?!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bor-40085/overview/

Comment

That would be obnoxiously loud.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X