EGR Tube?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Tube?!

Hey Guys I am having a really hard time finding the tube that runs from the EGR plate-adapter to the intake manifold. I have a small hole in mine that I have temporarily sealed, but I need another one. Any ideas on where to get one?

Re: EGR Tube?!

i think i remember other people looking for that part and not having much luck. i have a good condition egr valve with the tube i'd be willing to sell ya, if you can't find one.

Comment

You have emissions in texas ? If not delete the egr. And get it tuned out. Thats what I did. You could also check ebay, craigslist, forums. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
        You have emissions in texas ? If not delete the egr. And get it tuned out. Thats what I did. You could also check ebay, craigslist, forums. Good luck
        How do I delete it? and I just paid $212 for a New AC Delco EGR Valve. Yeah I have emissions but im not sure what that will do.

Comment

basically take it off and buy egr block off plates. It will throw codes. Im not sure if the egr will make you fail emissions or not. Im in ohio, since we don't have emission I got rid of it and the catalytic converter.
          Links
          http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...609-EGR-delete
          http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...199-EGR-Delete
          Egr block off plate
          http://v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=2974
          Ones I used
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8L-V6-EGR-...77c7f7&vxp=mtr
          different color
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8L-V6-Blac...3bb800&vxp=mtr
          Last edited by insidethreat07; 10-17-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

only code it throws is that its unplugged, damn Derek $40, Dustin made me some for $12 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
              only code it throws is that its unplugged, damn Derek $40, Dustin made me some for $12 shipped
              remember you told me that after I already bought it? lol

Comment

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
                remember you told me that after I already bought it? lol
                Okay so After I get this bad boy, I unplug it and the IACV?! and remove the whole thing? What do I do with the part of the harness that plugs into the EGR valve and the IACV?

Comment

You just unplug the egr nothing else, then just zip tie it to the other harness.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
                    You just unplug the egr nothing else, then just zip tie it to the other harness.
                    Ohh okay. The pic on ebay had the IACV unplugged too. Or I thought it did.

Comment

i think its worth keeping since you already bought the valve. using an egr valve does make your intake a little dirtier. however the design is pretty brilliant. i've blocked off egr on a few vehicles but it was because of aesthetics. i dont think it will affect your emissions testing, unless they physically look for it. but i've never had to deal with that myself. if you can take it back, or get your money back from selling it. i would block it off. let me know if you want the tube.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                        i think its worth keeping since you already bought the valve. using an egr valve does make your intake a little dirtier. however the design is pretty brilliant. i've blocked off egr on a few vehicles but it was because of aesthetics. i dont think it will affect your emissions testing, unless they physically look for it. but i've never had to deal with that myself. if you can take it back, or get your money back from selling it. i would block it off. let me know if you want the tube.
                        Yeah I am not all about a dirty intake, nor do I like to have recycled gases in my intake. Hot gasses are no good lol. I think it'll pass so long as the vehicle isnt cold when I bring it. I just dont know what to do with the Idle air control valve, or IACV

Comment

Originally posted by nwilson44 View Post
                          Yeah I am not all about a dirty intake, nor do I like to have recycled gases in my intake. Hot gasses are no good lol. I think it'll pass so long as the vehicle isnt cold when I bring it. I just dont know what to do with the Idle air control valve, or IACV
                          What year is your car?

The IACV are only on 95-98 and are on the passenger side of the UIM behind the TB. Why would you messing with that?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i wonder how many people know what an egr valve even does before they block it off....
                            sure there is hot exhaust gas put back into your motor....but did you know it actually COOLS your motor off? all that hot gas is "spent". it's whats left over from combustion and cannot be used for combustion again. it gets put back into your intake and mixed with fresh air. when that air makes it to the combustion chambers since it can't all combust you essentially run rich and bring your temps down.

Comment

the block off plates go on the exhaust manifold and on the intake manifold. not sure why you're mentioning the iac??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X