Ignition wires with pace setters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition wires with pace setters?

Okay so the pace setters are on order and supposed to arrive tuesday. However, I dont know which wires to use so I bought the Accel 8 mm wires. Anyone know which wires to use with the headers?

Re: Ignition wires with pace setters?

You can use 90 degree or straight boot, I use straight boot with boot protectors and they work great.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      You can use 90 degree or straight boot, I use straight boot with boot protectors and they work great.
      Okay thanks man, that kind of puts me at ease. The Accel wires were freakin expensive for ignition wires but they are 8mm so I will try them. Are boot protectors necessary? Accel says its good up to 650 Degrees?

On a separate note, I am trying out the E3 diamond fire plugs for the car.

Comment

I have just cheap-o plug wires. Straight boot, no protectors. I burned through a wire once on the headers, but then I went through the garage and just mixed and matched lengths I had lying around until everything was routed well clear of any heat. Just have to play with it :P

Comment

I have a build a Mallory build a set for a V8 with 90 degree boots. Works great and ends up cheaper than anything else.

Comment

So do you guys think the straight boots will work or no?

Comment

I use straight boots with my pacesetters but I would recommend boot protectors, I'm running 10.2 mm wires.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have the msd 90's, I bet 2 and 3 would be a pain to get a straight boot on there without touching the header.

Comment

I used 90* on my engine with headers
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X