New headers and cat converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New headers and cat converter

I just bought a set of Pacesetter mid length headers with y-pipe for $240 and a new magnaflow catalytic converter for $70. I should have them on thursday or friday so hopefully ill install them this weekend. Cant wait to put them on and hear how my car sounds!

Re: New headers and cat converter

Good luck. Post a sound clip.

Comment

So im going to start working on my car to install the headers and I have found 2 write ups; 1 approaching from the top (removing the alternator, egr, and ac pump) and 1 that was written on here by 97RS4LIFE (going from the bottom and removing the pugs, heat shield and started shield). I was just wondering which would be an easier approach. Should I try to go from the top or go from the bottom to change my headers?

Comment

I actually already started from the top removing the alternator and egr and got the first manifold bolt off before it got too dark to work. It wasn't to hard at all. Should I continue this way or switch to the underside?

Comment

I did everything from the bottom, removed heat shields, spark plugs, and dipstick. On the drivers side we got all the manifolds bolts/studs loose from the top. We wad to multiple out from the bottom on the passenger side. Going from the bottom just seems easier then removing all that other stuff. I also did a egr delete and removed the brackets as well. I went full 3" from the ypipe to the muffler.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Yesterday i got the heatshields and a fee manifold bolts from the top then got the rest from the bottom. We finished with everything off, so today its all about putting the new stuff on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X