K&N air intake all that good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N air intake all that good?

Alright guys I have a 93 3.4L Camaro 5speed with a K&N air intake, I'm just curious does it really help all that good. I mean I know cai don't help much. But is a K&N any better than other intakes?

Re: K&N air intake all that good?

Its better than the stock intake which is better.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Not sure the difference between the 3.8L in my 01 vs the 3.4L in your 93, but I do know my K&N kit made a difference. Especially in noise. Its a lot louder now. Also i got some more torque out of it in the midrange, and the car can accelerate in top gear much better now without having to downshift. Just my observations.

Comment

I tested both the Whisper Lid (with a K&N filter element) and the K&N FIPK on my '02 while I had it on a dyno. The Whisper Lid made almost no difference, maybe 1 or 2 hp; you can get that much difference on different runs with no changes. The FIPK added about 5 hp, and around 5 ft-lbs tq to the baseline. The test included 3 pulls in stock form, then 2 pulls after each change. I also tried reprogramming with a Hypertech PPIII while the FIPK was on; it made no difference. YMMV.

Comment

There are so many threads on this.. Simple search would have answered your question
          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            9 hours ago
          • ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X