manifold to y-pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manifold to y-pipe

My exhaust started sounding super ****ty and looked to see the problem and it appears a bolt is missing. Does anyone know the specifics of this bolt? I can't find anything on the net and o'riley and auto zone didn't have anything on it either.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Re: manifold to y-pipe

Do you have any details on this said bolt? A pic would be hugely helpful. If there is supposed to be a nut on the end of it just replace it with a universal. If it is a specialty bolt one of us may have one laying around, or a part# for you.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
      Do you have any details on this said bolt? A pic would be hugely helpful. If there is supposed to be a nut on the end of it just replace it with a universal. If it is a specialty bolt one of us may have one laying around, or a part# for you.
      Thats what I did I just ent to my local auto parts store an bought a 2 dollar bolt with a nut and. A lock washer . Jacked up the car put it on and bam it was fixed. It has not given me any problems since then wich was like 5 months ago

Comment

It's a metric bolt with an oversized head. dont remember the specific size. When I needed to replace one of mine I just went to the dealership. Little pricey but it was an exact replacment.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Perfect time to get headers!

Comment

Thought abut that but the little xtra power is not enough to justifiy the cost

Comment

Universal nut and bolt with washers on both ends if the bolts head and nut arent big enough. I did the same thing on mine when I had the same issue. Worked perfect for the 6 or so months I had it on the car before my first header swap.
              aka FreedStyle
              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by ScottieDont View Post
                Thought abut that but the little xtra power is not enough to justifiy the cost
                Well the little power gain is on a stock motor. If you have some bolt ons it will only help, and it can also help if you have any plans for N2O or anything like that.

Comment

The manifolds are "OK" for now. Once i get a second vehicle there will be lots don,e I'm thinking of putting in a grand national type turbo set up. Probably going to stay away from bottles. For some reasons cops love pulling me over. I think it's because I'm so handsome.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X