My TD setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My TD setup

Figured I'd share this here so y'all can see. This is my new TD setup that I got on Friday. I had welded the s-pipes myself and the mufflers already, the shop ended up using their own pipes except for the s-pipe and x-pipe. All in all I have about $350 in this system and ended up having more clearance than my V8 take-off system. Mufflers are Magnaflow Bullets (#10445) Enjoy

The tips are cheapo ones I just grabbed for $10, I'll be getting others here soon. I just needed to get the exhaust all the way past the bumper b/c it was so loud in the cab

Re: My TD setup

Clearance

And sound clip, not a good quality as it was taken from my cell phone. Trying to find a camera to take a better vid, but its so loud none of the 3 phones I tried could really "handle" the noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QRuNp_gAfo

Comment

My cam sounds nastier than when I had it... Do you have a close up picture of the x pipe?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

On the car or off the car, Mike?

Here it is off the car from ebay

And thanks, the TD's made this thing sound ****in mean. Every time I drive it now I have people in traffic ask for me to give it a rev. lol

Comment

Looks good.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

on the car, and you don't have longtubes right?

Comment

The 2nd pic and the last pic show it, but whenever I can get the car on a lift again I'll take better pics.

And I have pacesetters, so shorties. I cut the y-pipe where it Y's and welded the x-pipe in its place.

Comment

Originally posted by skimphish View Post
                The 2nd pic and the last pic show it, but whenever I can get the car on a lift again I'll take better pics.

And I have pacesetters, so shorties. I cut the y-pipe where it Y's and welded the x-pipe in its place.
                Ya, that's that part I want to see from under the car. Next time you have it on the hoist, snap a pic or two if you could

Comment

Yeah I'll do that, Mike. I tend to have my car on a lift near monthly so shouldn't be long. lol

Here's another vid, slightly better quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSdnqWaTgA

Comment

sounds good. I was thinking of going TD with a LT setup eventually. Thing is, I already want to cut and dump my exhaust just after the cat to save weight. If I go this setup, I fee like I add all the weight I just cut, back with dual piping lol.

weight vs sound...hmm.... It does sound nasty

Comment

Yeah the added weight of TD's kinda suck, but this has made the car so much fun now. It sounds awesome and there is definitely some more pickup, which surprised me. 2 2.25" pipes have the same area as a single 3.2" pipe, and I was running 2.75".

Comment

well, remember, smaller diameter pipes move the air faster, so having two smaller pipes will move just as much or more air as one larger pipe, but the airflow will be quicker. So I am not suprised to see a gain

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X