Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about true dual exhaust

i want to install full exhaust true dual on my 02 camaro

when i called my local exhaust shop, they said that true dual is not possible on 82-02 v6 camaros.

how can i do true dual on my camaro? is that the best option?

will installing after market exhaust make the service engine light stay on?

and will my car pass nj vehicle inspection with true dual?

thanks

Re: Questions about true dual exhaust

It is very possible, the reason you got that answer is because most exhaust shops don't want to put the time in to do it. I did duals and I'm in new York, but honestly, I don't recommend it. It's too much of a hassle and I ended up spending more than I anticipated. Get a nice set of headers and a catback setup.

Comment

You don't need to go with true dual exhaust.. My 97 has factory built dual outlets on a single muffler..

Just a thought, unless there's something special you are looking for as far as horse power difference on a V-6. Since I kept mine original for the last 15 years and I don't race it... Looks matter more to me than looking out for a street race.. whatever added horse power added by dual exhaust makes no sense on a V-6..

Just my opinion!

Comment

the whole point in true duals on a V6 is for sound, hp is the same as a catback pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
          the whole point in true duals on a V6 is for sound, hp is the same as a catback pretty much.
          Thats pretty much it.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have x-pipe and headers, I love the way it sounds. A bit loud, but still nice change from the rasp that plagues our cars. The x-pipe offers a bit better scavenging than a single pipe or an H-pipe, but probably not enough that you would notice the gain.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Especially when the majority of the V6 cars aren't running a big H/C/I setup or supercharged, etc. etc.

Comment

thanks everyone

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X