Dynomax Bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynomax Bullet

What length of a muffler would be ideal? I'm looking for a pretty loud exhaust, but nothing that's going to give me a headache from drone on road trips since this is my DD. I already have pacesetter headers and a borla muffler with 2.5" piping and a magnaflow high flow cat. It's just not loud enough for me.

http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=racebullet

Re: Dynomax Bullet

that is the muffler used on the TSP Rumbler. Depends on your ear really, everyones different when it comes to drone. I enjoy drone, but i also don't want to be deaf. check out TSP rumbler vids on youtube, a lot of guys like it who desire the louder more aggressive sound. I made true duals with two Sweet thunder chambereds and while they have a great tone on startup and in the lower RPM's WOT is a little unbearable and highway drone can be irritating. Im going to get a pair of dynomaxs to put just before the tips to control it a little. Most guys like dynomax on here so you'll probably get similiar answers to "go for it"

Comment

I think those bullets are good to add or compliment an exhaust, but by themselves im not really a fan

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't rip out a borla exhaust for a cheap replacement. if you want louder, check out bullet style borla xr-1 mufflers OR if you want to keep your exhaust as is, just add an electric cutout for instant rumble :naughty:

i had pacesetters, high flow cat, 3" stainless borla catback and a badlanz e-cutout right before the rear axle and it was VERY loud, throaty, and mistaken for an ls1 on a daily basis. driving by parked cars would set off car alarms, and anytime i started it up heads turned.

need more volume without the cutout? then gut your cat, and throw in the xr-1 in place of your muffler. jump on youtube and give those options a listen, you wont be disappointed. i'm even throwing that muffler on my TBSS, borla is fantastic.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I have a cutout now, just not electric so its a pain to open and close, was too cheap for the electric haha. I can try gutting the cat and see how that sounds.

Comment

Hopefully pretty soon here I'll be going with a bullet muffler at the ypipe and then a xr1 dumped at the axle... pretty excited for that.

Comment

I like my Dynomax mufflers on each of my vehicles.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I like your dynomax on my car too Steve, just too quiet for a cammed and blown car.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  I like your dynomax on my car too Steve, just too quiet for a cammed and blown car.
                  LOL, mines a bullet muffler on the Camaro and regular muffler on the truck.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have a pypes racepro 3" stainless muffler on my SC 3800 car. Tame at idle and cruising. The second it goes into boost it gets a little louder and when its WOT at 10PSI its BARKS!

They are cheap too!

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      LOL, mines a bullet muffler on the Camaro and regular muffler on the truck.
                      Heard they didn't sound good on the V8s... how do you compare the bullet to the one I've got now?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        Heard they didn't sound good on the V8s... how do you compare the bullet to the one I've got now?
                        Its not a turbo muffler on my V8 its regular 3" in 2-2.5 out ,sounds good all around. My bullet sounds pretty good on the Camaro.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X