slp cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slp cold air intake

My name is Xavier and I'm one of the recent noobies to join here. I wanna buy the slp cold air, mentioned in the mod encyclopedia, but apparently slp says it's for the 94-97 LT1s and are not adaptable to the 3.8. However considering it's mentioned in the mod encyclopedia and hearing of people integrating it onto their v6 I'm assuming it's possible. If I could get some reassurance that would be spankin cool! If it is possible what would I need to do to get that intake functional for my 96? I appreciate the time it took to read and hopefully comment on.

Re: slp cold air intake

I have that intake on my car, been a few years since I've put it on but I don't think I had to do anything to get it to work.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

I have it in my car as well. Nothing special was needed to get it to work, just follow the instructions that comes with it and u'll be good to go.

Comment

Swell thanks alot fellas ima get to work as quick as I can.

Comment

i'm should be arriving any day now. i'm not expecting to have to do anything to it to make it fit on my '00.
          of course i'll post about it when it's all done. :)

Comment

I just picked one from a junkyard for $30 - easy pull and install. SLP made the same intake pipe for several fbody engines. The 3800 version is package no 21013 and comes with the rubber elbow to connect the pipe to the intake manifold. If you get the intake for the 5.7 you wont get that elbow since they already have this stock.

Comment

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...ttle-Body.aspx
              Does this part fit our engines? If so, is it even worth putting it on?
              Thanks

Comment

Fairly certain our TB is well enough to do the job.

Comment

Yeah , stock is enough most aftermarket won't fit ours. Their made for the Grand Prixs what not.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Update: I got the elbow and the intake and will now install it today and hopefully get some pictures. Wish me luck fellas

Comment

The elbow was being a PITA but I man handled it.:banana:
                      Attached Files

Comment

hey xgongiveittoya44, I have a 97 3.8 and wish to install the slp intake I know intake slp-21013 is discontinued, so did you buy the slp- 21014 and an lt1 lte elbow, if so where and how much thanks

Comment

Chrome intakes on ebay has some nice cold intakes.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

thanks ssms5411, but I like the looks of the slp CAI, and was wondering if the model 21014 with the lt1 lte elbow would fit in a 3.8 Camaro. I will check out the chrome intakes on ebay, but I thought that they were held on by zip ties.

Comment

Yes the SLP intake looks better I had one at some point,now its just 3" flex tubing and a K&N filter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X