97 camaro 3.8l question about intake - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97 camaro 3.8l question about intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 camaro 3.8l question about intake

well ive been looking up parts and what not and i found what i want but its for a 98-02 camaro 3.8. im wondering whats the difference between the 98 and the 97 camaro intake set-up and if i could get this to fit mine

http://www.lmperformance.com/1072/13.html

thats the link to the part that i want and i just want to know if i can get it to fit my camaro

Re: 97 camaro 3.8l question about intake

No it won't work, 95-97 intakes go into the fender well, your only choice is make your own or chromeintakes is the seller on eBay that makes one for our cars.
    Here's mine form chromeintakes

Comment

so is there any way i can get a ram air setup on my car a very nice mine looks like crap lol

Comment

Not really. Even then ram air does take effect untill well over 100+ mph or so.

Comment

thanks for letting me know. i was just curious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by sksimmortal View Post
            so is there any way i can get a ram air setup on my car a very nice mine looks like crap lol
            The SS camaro had it in 1997. New hood plus the intake. Kind of pricey for the little bit you would gain in air flow, but it looks cool.

Comment

well i am buying the ss ram air functional hood in a few weeks

Comment

Even with the hood you won't be able to have ram air.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  2 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  2 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X