OBX Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX Headers

I plan on installing a set of OBX headers this week, as well as a high-flow cat. Any helpful hints or words of wisdom from those who've done it? I was thinking of having my mechanic do it for me, because it would be easier having a hoist and heating torch on hand.
    Thanks.

Re: OBX Headers

Not sure on the V6 but I did OBX LT's on my LS1 TA.

Get some Felpro gaskets,I reused my old bolts but I don't think thats possible with the 3.8L.

New Plugs and Wires for sure, some fabric heat shield sleeves are a good thing Summit has them.

Comment

Did you have to install them from underneath? Will I have enough room using jack stands? I'm a little rotund and need more room than the average person:o

Comment

Originally posted by Rhunadan View Post
        Did you have to install them from underneath? Will I have enough room using jack stands? I'm a little rotund and need more room than the average person:o
        I am 6'2" 255lbs ask Mike I am no slim Jim;)

I did it on jack stands in my friends garage,my friend helped but I did about 75% of the work.

He also has a stand up 40 gallon compressor that helped during disassembly of the old stuff like the stock Y and cats.

I did the manifold bolts from the top.

It will probasbly cost you 5-6 hundred to get a shop to do it.

BTW I forgot to add you need new O2's and a new Hi Flow cat.

Comment

I used my old/original header bolts and o2 sensors. Also installed from underneath. Though I'm pretty skinny...there should be enough room under there. If I remember correctly, most of the drivers side header bolts, plus the spark plugs are easiest to remove from underneath. The front 1 or 2 drivers side and most passenger side header bolts were easiest from up top.
          aka FreedStyle
          Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
          2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Cool,
            Thanks for the help.

Comment

Ultra copper RTV. On the header gaskets and the ball and flange. Dont overtighten the ball and flange, and use some anti-seize on the bolts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X