Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

Hey Guys,

So just recently Ive been pondering the idea of buying headers for my car. However Im not sure whether paying a shop to order them and put them on for a grand total of $525 ( Brand are Pacesetter Headers Ive Heard negative reviews about them) Or purchasing CIA Headers for a total of $485 ( Just the Headers alone) What do you guys think?

Re: Headers

buy any headers and install them yourself not that hard. just a bit of knuckle busting. and cut the manifold from the exhaust. and have a shop well the y pipe.alot cheaper for me . there charging me 300 for my headers and 100 to do my exhaust.

Comment

If you have 1-2 days, it's easy enough, no wiring to mess with aside from O2 sensors.

Comment

FFF longtubes or ebay longtubes.

Comment

Where have you found ebay long tubes for our cars? I looked and found none?

Comment

There's nothing wrong with pacesetters I would just advise u buy better gaskets as I do agree the pacesetter's are garbage..if your concerned about the appearance then by all means buy the CIA stainless or even the pacesetters but I have the black painted mid length and they work fine the paint burnt off quickly but I could careless i'm interested in sound and performance. They do the job and you can get them for a little over 200 new. Long tubes dont provide much gain for a v6 so IMO they arent worth the extra dough..your call everyone is different on this just giving some experienced input.

Comment

Personally, I'd have a shop do them, the old manifolds tend to rust onto the engine, and the bolt heads on mine snapped off and had to be drilled out. Glad I made it someone else's problem.

Comment

It seems all right.

Comment

Yea the bolts are a PIA, BUT, you can combat this by soaking the bolts the night before and the morning of with lubricant (WD40, etc.) and it should make the process a little less aggravating. Save urself some dough and at least attempt it it's good experience.

Comment

Originally posted by syrus323 View Post
                    Hey Guys,

So just recently Ive been pondering the idea of buying headers for my car. However Im not sure whether paying a shop to order them and put them on for a grand total of $525 ( Brand are Pacesetter Headers Ive Heard negative reviews about them) Or purchasing CIA Headers for a total of $485 ( Just the Headers alone) What do you guys think?
                    The last set of headers that I ordered were made by Hooker in the 80s,and I installed them myself on my 68 bird,losing the motor mounts to make room to work with a floor jack with wood block on the jack arm under engine for lift, the hardest part of the install was removing the existing exhaust manifolds, we had to use penetrating oil on the manifold bolts[overnight soak] and plenty of heat .Saved $300 on labor back then.:stp:

-JIMFIRE

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X