MAF screen delete do or dont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF screen delete do or dont

So my TB died and i had an extra "always prepaired" i swaped it on but forgot to swap the maf screen into it. It will only take 2 mins to install but ide rather take 10 mins to load my dieing computer 3 mins to ask a question and wait a day for a answer

Re: MAF screen delete do or dont

i removed mine.

Comment

I've always heard it's better in. Its supposed to straighten airflow for better readings or some crap
      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
      15.11@91.14
      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Well from what I heard 95-98 angled TB it's better to keep it on, because if you take it off like I once did the idling is rough and the rpm needle is all over the place. 99-02 seemed to have had better luck having it out.

But from what I've seen here, those who have gone the fastest on drag be it NA of Force Induction had this on.

Comment

Your AFR is much more consistent with the screen in. the car will also idle much smoother.
          sigpic

Comment

Keep it in. I have both angled and straight throttle body cars and I've tried messing with both of them. Keep it in.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Leave it. Keeps the laminar flow more stable instead of the turbulence causing errant readings on the MAF. Such a small change in airflow anyway since our TB flows something like 800cfm. Our heads in stock form only do about 160cfm per chamber anyway.

Comment

Leave it! if you get it tuned without it then ok, but stock def leave it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  13 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X