Upper intake mainifold/lower intake mainfold ? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upper intake mainifold/lower intake mainfold ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper intake mainifold/lower intake mainfold ?

Do the bolts or gaskets get any kinda of thread sealant or rtv?
    Thanks for info.

Re: Upper intake mainifold/lower intake mainfold ?

I usually blue locktite the bolts. RTV is only used on the lower intake gaskets to seal the corners.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I use the rtv on the lower but none on the bolts, and I'm still having coolant leak into my exhuast. I'm on the 3rd upper gasket now, would really like to get this leak fixed, before it starts leaking into the oil again. I have thin white smoke more at idle than any other time. Coolant and oil levels are staying good and clear, the car has a 115 miles since the cam swap now, surly everything has burned off by now.

Comment

Might try GM coolant tabs to see if it clears it up, its worth a shot.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Might try GM coolant tabs to see if it clears it up, its worth a shot.
          how much and where can I get them, no dealership here expected ford, they all got shut down in 09.

Comment

I used bars head gasket leak that was $30 for the bottle , and it stopped my head gasket leak. The GM tabs are like $12 I think it was.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

this the right stuff http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Cooling-S...#ht_500wt_1156

Comment

There you go , never thought about ebay , good job.

Comment

so how many do you use, I saw on one of the Cadillac form something about 1 1/2 grams per gal cooling system cap.

Comment

Don't know maybe its on the package.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X