P1153

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1153

SES light came on last night on my way home. Plugged in my scan tool, threw a P1153 code, looked it up, O2 sensor code. Car is running fine, so Im just going to clear the code. But I was wondering if my car is throwing a code because of my exhaust? This is my DD car so my exhaust is pretty simple, Magna high flow cat, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: P1153

I wouldn't think your exhaust would throw a code, I would erase it and see if it doesn't again, could be a fluke.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I wouldn't think your exhaust would throw a code, I would erase it and see if it doesn't again, could be a fluke.
      I thought the same thing. Ive had the exhaust on the car for a month and the light just randomly came on last night. I went ahead and cleared the code, guess Ill just have to see what happens.
      3M MAFIA
      ________
      | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
      Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
      sigpic

Comment

its an insufficient activity code. i personally doubt it's a fluke. can you observe you're o2's oscillating with your scan tool? if you can, you want to look for it "straightlining" like a heart rate monitor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          8 hours ago
        • ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X