Installed my cutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed my cutout

I knew this thing was gonna be loud, really loud, but holy crap it's crazy. I'm seriously considering just leaving it capped until I get my headers installed over the summer. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good under 3000 rpm, which I expected since it's a v6. However, the resonance in the car is ridiculous with the windows up since the cutout is pretty much positioned under the backseats. If I can't stand the sound after a while I'll just cap it, I mean it only cost me a total of 70 bucks to buy it and have it put on, so I'm not really out that much money.

Re: Installed my cutout

Why don't you just close it...?

Comment

That's what I'm thinking I'm going to do since I can't half open it because it's just a basic manual cutout

Comment

just got an electric cutout last week or so... its great! it doesn't make my car any louder really because the turbo is my only "muffler" it just makes an open down pipe and you can here the turbo spool. but in your situation i'd say it would be well worth it. it was only 145 but i installed it myself. although after spending 70 it would suck to but it now.

Comment

Can't I just buy the electric part and bolt it onto the end of the cutout? I mean I would have had to have bought the actual cutout anyways if I went the electric route.

Comment

Yes, you can. That's what I had thought you did.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X