True dual/custom catback?- I want a deeper tone! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True dual/custom catback?- I want a deeper tone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True dual/custom catback?- I want a deeper tone!

They do sell true duals for V8, but you can make that adopt to your V6. I do notice though no cat.

http://xhausted.com/

Comment

yeah i know they make true duals for the v8 but they are way too expensive for me. why would i spend close to a grand or more on custom bent pipe? its ridiculous how these vendors will practically steal your money when you can do the same thing for way cheaper and problem sound better. but i think the cam will certainly help along with a good resonator to decrease rasp.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
        They do sell true duals for V8, but you can make that adopt to your V6. I do notice though no cat.

http://xhausted.com/
        Looked at that site. I would like to point tout that every single one of those setups the pipes go under the axel and not over. Kinda seems like a cheap shortcut to doing it right. Also none pf the piping is mandrel bent.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
          Looked at that site. I would like to point tout that every single one of those setups the pipes go under the axel and not over. Kinda seems like a cheap shortcut to doing it right. Also none pf the piping is mandrel bent.
          Oh wow, I didn't pay attention to that.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
            "Passing emissions" varies in all states. If you're in California, you're screwed because the cat cannot be out of the stock location.

Other places will fail you for not running the exhaust out the back, yadda yadda.
            Yep. They wouldnt pass my '70 Lemans cause the exhuast was dumped before the axle. :bs:
            Originally posted by Brians00Blackbird View Post
            just found this clip of a 96' 3.8 with a tsp rumbler and cammed..sounds great to me but im going with the zzp gt2 cam this one is abbots NA cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbiNK...juyNbZc5dLoiCI
            My '96 had a cutout along with 3" exhuast and headers. IMO, thats the best sound you're gonna get through-out most rpms w/out going duals. It sounds like a supra at high rpms, it screams! Lol.

I would show my vid I had but fquick done away with vids? Weird.
            -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X