Anyone running Magnaflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running Magnaflow?

So I want to put an exhaust on the 99, Im bored with the stock exhaust and Ive never been one to like the quiteness of stock exhaust, however its a Y87 so I have the dual exhaust. I was looking at Summit and found this....
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-12277/
    Im thinking about buying it and just replacing the stock muffler so I can keep the stock turndowns, Ive grown quite fond of them. So, has anyone run this muffler before? Or Magnaflows at all?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I had the cat replaced in July with a Magnaflow highflow cat, just FYI.
    Last edited by SixShooter'00Camaro; 09-23-2011, 04:57 AM.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Anyone running Magnaflow?

It's a completely different vehicle, but I have a Magnaflow cat-back on my 2.5l Ranger and it has a nice rumble to it at idle, but sounds a little ricey in the higher RPM's.. Probably doesn't help at all, just figured I'd throw that out there..
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

I have the cat-back Magnaflow system with twin 3" pipes. It's pretty loud but nice and deep. It's OK when cruising but as you go up through the gears it can be noisey if you are heavy footed. However it's quieter with the T tops OUT.

Cheers.
      Attached Files

Comment

On the Monte I have a Magnaflow system. I enjoy it, but upper RPMs is pretty raspy. Although I'm sure it's a much different sound although the same engine.

The Camaro has an exhaust that I haven't figured out yet, it's kind of annoying.

Comment

borla. magnaflow is ricey on a 3.8. Or dynomax turbo mmuffler

Comment

I have flowmaster on mine, not sure what series the previous owner installed, but mine sounds really good with a rumble while ideling. It also sounds pretty good while going down the road. If I would rev it up it does get raspy on the higher rpms. Overall though I think it sounds pretty good for a sixxer.

Comment

I have the 2.5" magnaflow catback with 3" tips. I love how it sounds, it will rasp some, but not until ~4k...thats ok with me though. Also don't have a cat...idk how that affects it. Most people think my car is a v8 just cruising around, they never know by the sound until I really get on it.

It is loud though. Passengers can't talk on the cell phone going up too large of a hill. :)

Comment

After spending alot of time on youtube watching vids of people with it, I only heard 2 cars that it sounded good on, IMO it seems more raspy then other exhausts. I think I might pick up a Borla muffler instead, unless I can find an actuall catback but I think just replacing the muffler would be ok. Thoughts on that?
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                sigpic

Comment

Damn, I still need to make a video. My system has around 15k on it, definitely broken in.

Comment

Make one! Are you running Magnas?
                    3M MAFIA
                    ________
                    sigpic

Comment

I ran Magnaflow for 18k. I loved it until I heard a Dynomax. I still have my old muffler, if you want it cheap lol. Its just a 2.5" but its not bad.

Comment

2.5" with CIA headers.

Comment

Think Im going to go the Borla route.
                          http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BOR-40349/
                          3M MAFIA
                          ________
                          sigpic

Comment

nothing is wrong with magnaflow i run it and it is ricey when your just reving it but when your driveing and get on it,it sounds amazing

Comment

i only find my magnaflow to rasp just reving it and first start up until the engine gets warmed up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X