exhaust cut out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust cut out??

iv been reading that some people do cut out part of there exhaust but im not sure how to do it or what it even does. please help

Re: exhaust cut out??

essentially its a y pipe put in the exhaust setup typically before the muffler and it allows you to dump the exhaust before the muffler. some are manual where you have to get under the car to put on and take off a plate if you want to run it open or closed, but some are electric and you can run a switch inside the car that will open and close as needed or wanted. id recommend going that route
    sigpic

Comment

so its basically just a whole that you could cut? would it make it any louder?

Comment

Its mostly for track purposes, it will make it louder but also raspy as ****. Its more then just cutting a hole in the exhast.
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

you would cut out a section of pipe and weld in another section which is the cutout. its essentially a y pipe. http://www.badlanzhpe.com/po.php?cPa...78d19086285467
          sigpic

Comment

Also, illegal on the street in most places.
            In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
            2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I have one for sale if you wnat it!

Comment

I love mine.. It's not on the car atm or I'd get you a video. Basically it's a gate, that makes the car loud. And to me it isn't raspy at all, but then again I run it after a race muffler.

Comment

Pretty much allows you to dump the exhaust before the muffler. And when you want, have the exhaust run through the muffler, just close the cutout.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X