Common Fbody Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Common Fbody Problems

Is there anyone in here that can explain to me how to get the spark plugs and wires out of a 3.8 without be a cotortionist?! I'm extremely close to pullin the motor out to do it

P.S: My 3.8 has an extremely slow right side window motor and my buddy has a 3.4 and had to get his replaced so I guess this is something everyone should plan on replacing.

-Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bcon's87cam View Post
      Is there anyone in here that can explain to me how to get the spark plugs and wires out of a 3.8 without be a cotortionist?! I'm extremely close to pullin the motor out to do it

P.S: My 3.8 has an extremely slow right side window motor and my buddy has a 3.4 and had to get his replaced so I guess this is something everyone should plan on replacing.

-Thanks
      you really just need a few different length extensions and ujoint adapters and its not that hard at all

took me ~45 minutes on my first try, could probably do it in 20 now that i know what i need

some its best to get from the top, others its easier from the bottom, IIRC most of the drivers side same out the top, and the passenger side from the bottom, especially cylinders 5 and 6

Comment

if u rthink ur mas is bad unplug it for the day and run the car the computer will go to default setting if the cats bad itll idle fine in park or drive itll only bog if ur on the gas when my cat went bad it was causeing a cylinder 1 misfire soi though i had a hole in my piston or sumtin but i just put a 70$ high flow cat in and ran like a champ i hope u find out whats wrong wit ur car man but if its electrical and u have a voltameter u can test it if its bad or good by checking resistance or ohms

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
          if u rthink ur mas is bad unplug it for the day and run the car the computer will go to default setting if the cats bad itll idle fine in park or drive itll only bog if ur on the gas when my cat went bad it was causeing a cylinder 1 misfire soi though i had a hole in my piston or sumtin but i just put a 70$ high flow cat in and ran like a champ i hope u find out whats wrong wit ur car man but if its electrical and u have a voltameter u can test it if its bad or good by checking resistance or ohms
          are those even words?
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

sorry im on here at 3 in the morning most of the time and im really tierd, lmao

Comment

I'm haveing terrible problems with my 02'. Since I bought it , a couple of girls that said I was too old for them keep calling day and night.

Comment

Originally posted by eteamer View Post
                I'm haveing terrible problems with my 02'. Since I bought it , a couple of girls that said I was too old for them keep calling day and night.
                Its too bad their bodies develop about ten years ahead of their mind's.

Comment

I guess I am lucky. My 97 has had one water pump, one tensioner pulley and one belt. ( those went out Tuesday, it was original belt with 136k miles on it) I did the brakes last Fall, they were original, replaced the 5 speed in 2006 because of synchro issues in 2nd. I cannot complain, I still get 30 mpg on highway. I did change the open differential to a limited slip but that was just for fun, and have gone through 4 batteries. I have been pounding on this car for 10 years and it has done very well, I have never been accused of being gentle to it.
                  97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

Got mine at 50k (a 99 v6)and I've replaced :
                    3 Ignition coils
                    Spark Plugs and wires
                    Cat
                    Changing oil every 3000-4000 miles
                    Change Gerar box and train oil
                    The car got now 70000 miles
                    Brake pads and tires changed a month ago

Don't know what will come next, wait and see

Only problem is I'm living in France and part is really expensive for me here :(

Comment

Originally posted by dublinos View Post
                      Got mine at 50k (a 99 v6)and I've replaced :
                      3 Ignition coils
                      Spark Plugs and wires
                      Cat
                      Changing oil every 3000-4000 miles
                      Change Gerar box and train oil
                      The car got now 70000 miles
                      Brake pads and tires changed a month ago

Don't know what will come next, wait and see

Only problem is I'm living in France and part is really expensive for me here :(
                      oh man, thats some bad luck with such a low mileage car, good luck!

Comment

The previous owner keep it 10 years and drive it only the weekend, and I think that doesn't help, a car is made to be on road for me :)
                        The only thing I don't like is Europe laws here, to import it in France, Chevrolet made some change:
                        Restricted Exhaust
                        ECM with diff prog (European law)
                        External Mirrors changed
                        Horsepower for Europe: 193

So my project on it is:
                        New Exhaust System, probably Catback from Magnaflow or Flowmaster + new CAT from Magnaflow (Cat back cost 400$ and transportation + Tax will be higher than the price of the Exhaust if US import (There is some shop in France selling the dual catback Magnaflow for 1700$, I would say robery :( )
                        New Prog of the ECM to put the US one
                        New Mirrors, US version

Comment

mines been good ive put in,1 alternator,1 battery i have a yellow top now,3 sets of shocks and springs,3 clutches,1 egr valve,2 power window motors,3 starters, 3 sets of tires,1 drivers side wheel bearing only because of the abs sensor went out,1 power steering pump 210,000 miles

Comment

123,000 miles. One d/s window motor, one fuel pump, 2 speakers, 2 center console lids, 1 set of sun visors (because of the sun) Regular maint., tires, brakes, oil changes. 1 set of spark plugs and wires. Has never, not once, not started for me, and there have been times where it has set for 2 or 3 weeks. Probably the best car I have every had, and I have had a lot.
                            sigpic

2002 Camaro Convertible - Stock!

Comment

140,000 miles rebuild trans spun rod bearing new tires new cat and all that was my dumbness lol

Comment

At 150,000 the car is running better than ever. Alternator when it was about 40,000 miles + rear seal fixed by dealer. Starter replaced; Water pump; belt tensioner; Gaskets: diferencial, valve covers. Normal change of fluids: Transmission, motor oil. What I been dealing most is with aftermarker crap: Headlights (hard to calibrate), side markers replaced twice and still struggling (water leaks). What I think have made the engine live more is Lucas stabilizer, CAI, headers and a low restriction cat.
                                Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X