Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F-bodies = Problems?

Originally posted by 99v6cam
    Yeah ...but if you really want a trouble car get a 1st generation DSM. You'll have lots of fun with one of those if you think F-bodies are bad.
    Newbie, sorry.
    What is a DSM?

Comment

wow... i'm doing great compared to you guys

1998 3.8L Firebird 5-speed
      New Clutch
      A/C refill
      Rear main engine seal
      and slave cylinder

oh yeah 137K miles
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

75K miles = one coil pack

(I probably should knock on wood now)

Lounge Moderator

Comment

got a 99 with 115000 on it
          new cat
          new egr...thats it and she still loves me

Comment

starter
            water pump
            VSS sensor
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

As for reliability...

2k w/ 75k

-2nd power steering pump
              -2nd tranny
              -3rd clutch
              -3rd set of clutch hydraulics
              -2nd rearend(and this one is whining)
              -1 or 2 endlinks
              -couple suspension bolts broken
              -2 CATs clogged
              -looking at possibly a bad o2 sensor
              -bad power window motor.
              Last edited by FirebirdGT; 03-25-2007, 10:18 AM.

Comment

oh... you know... the usual things like.......
                engine haha
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Wow, I started this thread 2 and half years ago! Talk about back from the dead...FYI, despite my complaints I still have the car now with 83K and it's been better once all that stuff got fixed. Still a high maintenance and repair car overall.
                  1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Re: Common Fbody Problems

lol....my 94 firebird...3.4 v6...211,000 miles on it...just now blew something in the top end.....leaking fluid like crazy///so time for a rebuild....but 211000 miles aint too shabby

Comment

I am very pleased with my camaro! I bought it about a year and a half ago and have had to do only regular maintnence to it. I'm very suprised because I dont know anyone who is harder on their car then me! I floor it everywhere i go unless someone is in my way, and on weekends i take it offroading. Im not talking about girly stuff either, I take atv trails for over 30 miles. I also enjoy drifting, and mudd slinging when it rains. But i personally dont know anyone who is as hard on their car as i am, and my car runs as good as it ever did.

Comment

1999, 87k miles...

2 alternators, 2 fog lamps(R and L), 2 driver's side mirrors (manual mirrors, inner mechanisms failed), 1 passenger side mirror(scratched), serpentine belt (reg. maintenence really), all four brake rotors (which started pulsing AGAIN shortly after), right rear brake bulb, replaced cat (rattling), negative battery terminal, shift boot (frame that holds in place was busted from previous owner) and new OEM floor mats... but overall, a fun car to be driving! :banana:

oh, and if we're counting tires and stuff, we can count oil changes, brake pads, and washes/vacuumings too, right? :tup: haha
                        Last edited by Disruptore4; 03-15-2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

oil start leaking by the oil plug - thought its RMS , it was just an oil pan
                          lower plenum ghasket
                          one coil
                          2 driver side mirriors..
                          everything else , just because I want it to.

Comment

1994 dad took very good care of it. It has 195k miles on it.

Parts replaced are:

1) alternator (twice)
                            2) water pump
                            3) plugs
                            4) wires replaced twice (did it 2nd time last week)
                            5) EGR valve
                            6) Serpentine belt replaced at 195k. Was cracekd, has been replaced once before.
                            7) O2 sensors (left and right exhaust manifold) IS THERE ONE ON THE REAR OF THE CAR?

To be done:

wheels
                            new shocks (not sure how much that will cost to replace)

Oh and how much in terms of tuneup can I perform so I can take it somewhere to be checked for other than plugs and wires since I did that myself?
                            Last edited by amb7247; 03-24-2007, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Hm, lets see, my car has had its problems, but I expected them.

1997 w/ 91k miles (I try to keep it in good condition, this car is a keeper :P)

Mostly just normal wear and tear. There are some things that bug me though, Had to replace alternator 3 times now, Powered Window Motors have been replaced a couple of times, my biggest thing - taillights burn out/sockets rust/bug the hell out of me every month.

Already redid all the sockets on my taillights a few months ago and they're rusted out again it seems. The curse of poor GM engineering :(

Other then general stuff, I still love the car.

Comment

I got a couple questions about my 2000 Camaro. It leaks oil, but apparently only when driving. It'll be about a 1-2 quarts low every oil change, but none appears on the ground where I park it. Is it a rear main seal going out, and if so, what is the cost to have it fixed? My AC also no longer works. Been that way for about 2 years now, so I just don't turn it on anymore. Doesn't get that warm very often on the coast, so I just take the tops off when it does. I noticed what I think is the condensor used to get very cold and frosty when it did work, but now it just stays at warm. How would I test to figure out what's wrong with it?

Thanks
                                Last edited by Saxis; 04-11-2007, 05:46 PM.
                                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2182744\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2182744</a> <br /><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">I\'ll procrastinate later...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X