No announcement yet.

Common Fbody Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I have had to do to my 98 with 95,000 miles is replace the alternator and plug wires. Just did brakes for the first time. I kept having them checked and they were still good until now. Except for some hail dents and gravel chips she looks as good as when she was brand new.

Anyway, I agree with the above treat her good and she'll treat you good. Keep up the regular maintenance and they'll last!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: \"WOW!!!!, what a ride!\"

Comment

my car just hit 90xxx and i havnt had too many problems with it. i think i might be hearing some trouble from the tranny on downshifts but its hard to say.

im also throwing codes for o2 sensors but i think thats just leftover from my headers install.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

My 95 bird has 117K on it and the only true problem its given me was the alternator pulley, thats about it. About to replace the CAT just 'cause it has too many miles on it but other than that, i've replaced the headlight motor and the window motors (heavy *** windows)
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Comment

well for me i think i put the damn wrong gas in it and now it accelerates like my old cavalier

ill get it fixed soon i suppose
          Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

95 w/ 65k

Only had to replace batt, serpentine belt, and head/tail light bulbs.

Regular maintenence helps a lot.
            1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS<br />1990 Volkswagen Jetta GT

Comment

My old car was really reliable...

My current car, has been "ok" reliable but nothing too bad.

Comment

If you add the wear items as well my original list gets a lot longer. Now it reads...

Intake manifold gasket
                AC compressor
                TCC solenoid in tranny
                Tires
                All 4 shocks
                Front brakes pads
                Front brake rotors AND pads (factor rotors SUCK!)
                Both rear speakers (Monsoon)
                Spark plugs
                Serpentine belt

This is a 99 with 54K! The y-pipe rattles and the window is slow. How much more can go???
                1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

I guess it sounds like these cars just need a lot of TLC and $$$$. I am just wondering if I replace everything will the madness stop?
                  1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't even include tires, light bulbs, etc. in these lists. These are regular maint. stuff for all cars. kinda like *****ing about having to change your oil all the time. It's gotta be done for all cars, regardless of who makes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver 99 Camaro:
                      I guess it sounds like these cars just need a lot of TLC and $$$$. I am just wondering if I replace everything will the madness stop?
                      sounds about right
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

brand new engine at 38000k, alternator, window motor, oil valve seal, and i'm replacing my rotors this week

Comment

sorry 38k miles, and also the battery

Comment

Mine is at 161K . Replace rearend pinion seal,plugs,wires,tranny mount, and front bushings, Thats about it. I drive about 100 miles each day. And i dont know how you drive but my car hasnt given me any major problems yet.But i am not worrying about it. I almost have enough for an LS1 swap .. Yipeee [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            LT1 Swap,383 Stroker kit<br />All black and mean ;)

Comment

My 99 now has 88,000 on it. The only things that I've had to replace on it since I bought it in Jan. 2004 is:

Tailight bulb
                              Valve body in tranny (code 1870 problem)
                              Torque converter
                              Driveshaft seal where the driveshaft bolts into the tranny (replaced twice, expense of carmax)
                              Stock cat got hit by something in the road and carmax replaced for free.

Other than that, nothing.
                              -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Yeah I'd agrre that our cars are like high maintinence women, but if you really want a trouble car get a 1st generation DSM. You'll have lots of fun with one of those if you think F-bodies are bad.
                                \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X