• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter Comparison Studies

http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar...ers/index.html

http://www.corolland.com/oil-filters.html

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 05-02-2008, 04:26 PM.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Re: Oil Filter Comparison Studies

huh, thanks for putting that together :)

Comment

Here is a new study, he does a little test on the filters.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articl...lterstudy.html

Comment

Thanks for the link, very informative article. I think I'll be steering clear of the AC Delco's. I would have thought they would be a better filter since they are OEM on GM cars. Apparently not.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

I think I'll still use A/C Delco PF52 oil filter, never had problems. I use Bosch sometimes too. I'm surprised fram made it higher than the others.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah you're right, I'm not going to worry about it. I've always used AC Delco's and Frams and have never had problems. My last car had 293K miles when I traded it. My Bird and My wife's van run perfectly fine. I also use synthetic and change the oil every 4000 miles or so. I guess, once again, regular maintenance is the key to longevity.

Something interesting I've noticed, though. On the AC Delco's, the input side used to be formed like other filters. They've changed it now so it's flat. I wonder what's up with that. It looks cheap IMO.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

amsoil, all day

Comment

Been using k&n filters for a while now. there was a sale so i bought a few. I like em so far.

before that i was always a fram guy
                Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                  amsoil, all day
                  Whats the code or # for amsoil? Also do they make a extended fliter like A/C Delco PF52
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Whats the code or # for amsoil? Also do they make a extended fliter like A/C Delco PF52

On my site. :D
                    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                      On my site. :D

I should of known, LOL Just bought aa case of 10W40 amsoil. Thanks Robert

Comment

Im running the XL amsoil right now with match oilk filter. Filter is said to be good for 15k. The XL oil is good for 10k. I changed mine with 6500 and I could have went another couple thousand miles. Those 6500 miles were HARD miles too.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                          Im running the XL amsoil right now with match oilk filter. Filter is said to be good for 15k. The XL oil is good for 10k. I changed mine with 6500 and I could have went another couple thousand miles. Those 6500 miles were HARD miles too.

Thats good info, thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X