This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Image Headers

Who has CIA headers? What year car? Install issues?

(To be a sticky)
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Re: Clear Image Headers

CIA headers and y-pipe on my 01 Firebird.
    I bought them and the looked great however at the time they were making paper gaskets and they were junk. They are making better quality gaskets now I believ. When I went to install the only problems I had was gettin the stock crap off as many people have had problems with. The passenger side header was easy as can be to put on because you have more room on that side to work. The drivers side header however was a bit tricky because you have the fuel lines EGR and starter in your way. I had to take off the heat shielf form the starter and have someone under the car to help me guide the header down as we installed both sides from the top side of the car. After I cleared the fule lines and took off the heat shield it was a sinch to bolt down. Install rating on a 1-10 scale with 10 being hardest. I give it a 5. After install of the headers I had to run with open to the exhaust shop to put the y-pipe on. After the full install the only problems I had was the header gaskets leaking. I had to finally get a set of Pacesetter gaskets to solve that problem. Ive had the headers on for about 2 and have had any problems wth them since the gasket leaks right after install. The gain form the headers were noticeable and was worth the money. I say these headers are woth it if you have the money for them.
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Man Im the only one wiht these headers? Lucky me I guess LOL.
      www.vaperz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
        I bought them and the looked great however at the time they were making paper gaskets and they were junk. They are making better quality gaskets now I believ. When I went to install the only problems I had was gettin the stock crap off as many people have had problems with. The passenger side header was easy as can be to put on because you have more room on that side to work. The drivers side header however was a bit tricky because you have the fuel lines EGR and starter in your way. I had to take off the heat shielf form the starter and have someone under the car to help me guide the header down as we installed both sides from the top side of the car. After I cleared the fule lines and took off the heat shield it was a sinch to bolt down. Install rating on a 1-10 scale with 10 being hardest. I give it a 5. After install of the headers I had to run with open to the exhaust shop to put the y-pipe on. After the full install the only problems I had was the header gaskets leaking. I had to finally get a set of Pacesetter gaskets to solve that problem. Ive had the headers on for about 2 and have had any problems wth them since the gasket leaks right after install. The gain form the headers were noticeable and was worth the money. I say these headers are woth it if you have the money for them.
        Yeah, but do they beat the pacesetters? RKSport's? Any reason to get CIA over the competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus21
          Yeah, but do they beat the pacesetters? RKSport's? Any reason to get CIA over the competition?
          they are alot better quality and do not have leaks. Thats what the PAcesetters are notorius for is leaks.

Comment

Black is right there.
            www.vaperz.com

Comment

Originally posted by cmblack13
              they are alot better quality and do not have leaks. Thats what the PAcesetters are notorius for is leaks.
              Do you have to call CIA to order them? Their site doesn't appear to have a shopping cart thingy for them.

Comment

if you can not find an online order button, which I do not believe they have one for our headers, you do have to call.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yes, you will have to call them because of that. It will take a couple of weeks because they make the headers fresh when you order them. Or at least thats what they told me when I ordered them.
                  www.vaperz.com

Comment

its true. because of low volume of orders, you have to call and they make them then after you order

Comment

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
                      I've been hearing that pacesetters are hard to install because of EGR tube issues. Does this same issue apply to the CIAs?

Comment

no...

Comment

I have a set of CIA's I'm about to install on my stroker motor....

Comment

The folks at Clear Image Automotive were very helpful with answers to my questions i had regarding their headers, so helpful in fact that I just ordered my set of Clear Image headers. Can't wait to get them!

Comment

hey what do you get when you order the clear image headers? does it come with the y-pipe? or you have to order that sperate?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X