question about the rear diff on a 95 cam - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about the rear diff on a 95 cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the rear diff on a 95 cam

how do you change the lube in the rear diff. is there a plug.. or do you have to take off the cover.... and how do you refill it... thanks joe

Re: question about the rear diff on a 95 cam

loosen the bolts on the cover, gently brake the seal allowing the differential fluid to fall into a pan. Take the bolts off. Scrape the seal/gasket off. Clean out the magnet that's in the pan and replace the magnet. Clean the mating surfaces. Put on some gasket sealer on the NEW gasket and put it all back together, tighten to 20-22 ft. lbs. There's a fill screw that accepts a 3/8inch socket near the top of the right side of the differential. Remove it and fill the differential up with differential oil. Use either a hand pump to pump the oil, or just use a lenght of tubing stuck on the end of the gear oil and sqeeze. Tighten to 26 ft. lbs.

More specifics in the Autozone website under repair info>repair guide>routine maintenence>fluids and lubricants>rear axel.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d801ce0a2.jsp

Comment

pull the cover off, drain, put new seal on and bolt down, take out plug on side, full, put plug back in.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Doesn't take too long. I was amazed to find so much fur on the magnet after only 40k.

Comment

thanks all....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X