where to get a ttop conversion installed - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to get a ttop conversion installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get a ttop conversion installed

Just wondering if anyone knows any shops that do ttop conversions in the northern illinois wisconsin area preferably wisconsin. I have been thinking about getting one of these and i found the entire ttop conversion kit for a great price. I have no idea where to go for these and how much its gonna cost me to get installed. thanks

Re: where to get a ttop conversion installed

I would do it myself, and I've always been thinking of doing it myself.
    I dont really want to de-strengthen my subframe but its probably okay since I've got subframe connectors (overkill).
    Eric, aka Mustang Eater, aka gay Coconut Pete, aka shenanigans, aka...etc..etc.. etc... has done it before and I know hes got a guide.

try a search sometime:
    Attached Files
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

you will most likely pay way too much for someone to do it. Do it yourself.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i dont think i could do it myself. I could never cut into my car. :eek:

Comment

I would have fun cutting its top off
          All the repairing I've done it would be nice do some intentional destruction!!
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

its no big deal. would you want someone else doing it who has probably never done it either or anything close?
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i would like to find someone or a place that has done a ttop conversion before and had good results. Im going to call around.....who knows....

Comment

Here is a link, but they may be out of your area:

http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/anythin...i?msgid=884063

Most people successfully do it themselves from what I've seen though. You can do a search on the internet and on most Fbody forums and find photos and information on the project.

Comment

i did mine myself also. it's not hard. it's really easy. the hardest part is just getting over yourself to get the balls to cut the roof off!

on and it doesn't mess with the suspension. our cars a made for t tops so no subframe connectors are needed
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    8 hours ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X