G/f thinks I broke her car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G/f thinks I broke her car

Ok well it was already leaking oil a little, I changed the oil made sure it was all out then put 4 qrts in. She took a trip a bout 200 miles round trip or more and oil leaked very bad out of the car now its leaking around the pan and out of the bottom of the bell housing. Could that be just the pan gasket or is it the rear main? I fell like **** cause she thinks I did it cause she said her son checked it while she was up there and he said it was way to full but I dont se how that could be. Thanks in advance guys. Also where is the freakin oil sending unit on these cars? Oh by the way its a 97 3.8 V6 auto firebird.

Re: G/f thinks I broke her car

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you have a rear-main leak like me
    really there is only one way to find out
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

if you used synthetic its more likely to leak
      1993 t-topped camaro to let the rays in.

Comment

he probably didnt wipe the dipstick down, thats y it read too high.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

yes, when in doubt point out other peoples faults
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i'm no expert, but since both those gaskets touch each other (on the bottom), it would be like near impossible to find out exactly which it is. (if it is on the rear of the engine)
            Unless you saw the leak coming from above the bottom on the rear main.
            Or took off the oil pan cover and saw that the inside side of the gasket was dry

Comment

Her car was leaking already. Now because you changed the oil and it leaks more than before she wants to blame you? If her son is such an expert tell him to fix the car. Dump your girl and find one who has a nice car and doesn't blame you for ****.

Comment

yes, slap her!! You can find better for sure! ;)

Comment

lol this seems like a situation that i would get myself into..
                  just tell her the truth, and tell her that at least your smart enough to ask for help on a msg board full of experts. like MikeA tell her son to fix it then if he knows so much about it...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X