o2 sensor help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sensor help please...

my check engine light came on my 98 firebird, so I read the code and it said p0133 (heated o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1). Is this the o2 sensor near the oil filter, or a different one that I can't find? If anyone could could tell me where the bank 1 sensor 1 o2 sensor is on a v6 98 firebird, that would be GREAT!

thanks

Re: o2 sensor help please...

very sure its on the drivers side, in the header, next to the starter
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
      very sure its on the drivers side, in the header, next to the starter
      QFT! :)
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

sorry dont know that acronym
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yeah i dont know what that means either, but anyways, this is my first real car, and i dont have the manuel, so if anyone has a picture of where this sensor is, that would be great...cause I'm not finding it by the description...and a shop just told me i could only use a factory ac delco o2 sensor, not any aftermarker sensor, but i think they're wrong cause that doesnt make sense...if someone could even email me a pic of where the sensor is that would be great - dankuch(at)gmail(dot)com

thanks

Comment

ahhh!
            "Quoted For Truth" gotcha!
            word to your mother!

Comment

you can use any aftermarket sensor you want but i don't have a pic
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                you can use any aftermarket sensor you want but i don't have a pic
                thats what I thought too, just as long as it was the right year/model for your vehicle (so it will plug in)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  11 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X