where to buy piston rings, and freeze plugs... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to buy piston rings, and freeze plugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy piston rings, and freeze plugs...

I'm hoping to avoid the dealer, and I went to the parts stores and they all said that the plugs and rings were unavailable, as in, they couldn't even order them. newgmparts.com, ftpp.net, and several others don't have the 3.8l piston rings available, and don't even list the plugs... can someone point me in the right direction here.
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Re: where to buy piston rings, and freeze plugs...

3800 performance sells everything together in a kit from ROSS, i think is the name.

You could check to see if you can just get it part by part maybe?

Comment

I found the cheapest and best place was Total Seal!
      They have awesome support. I hear Total Seal are the best rings
      money can buy. Its a steel top ring, which is the best.
      They have the Gapless which is $309 and then they have the regular (which I got) they were built for the old buick but they are a perfect fit! The ones I have are only like $60!!! cheap!!!

No auto store sells them, guaranteed! Unless you order online from Advanced Auto's online sister store.
      3800performance.com? I never found anything from ROSS. I only found they had the diamond kit which came with Total Seal rings. They were expensive.
      Order from Total Seal.com!!
      What plugs are you talking about? Freeze plugs?
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Dont forget to break it in hard! http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
        Why are you replacing rings?
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Hi,right now I am in a rebuild and modifying my 3.4L,I suggest you get the rings from Summit Racing and if they are Freeze Plugs you are speaking of go to Rockauto.
          What I did is go to Total Seal and get the specs and part nos.for the rings and type the part no. at Summit and you should see it.

Comment

yes, freeze plugs... and consider it ordered... thanks slow6 and all...
            Last edited by T-Mill; 09-08-2006, 12:31 AM.
            Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

slow6... that mototune break-in method is very interesting, and veeerrry plaeasing to read. I was thinking that I was going to have to baby it for a while, now I know that I can go and open her up right away... so do you trust this guy, I mean, obviously you do since you posted it, but does it sound right to you... it makes sense to me, but I'm no expert
              Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I wouldnt go too much above 3000rpms on the first run. I realize that people that break engines in on the dyno, race track, staging lanes, or at WOT are people that dont need the engine to last but for a few races and then it dies. Just do the 3000 rpm -> 2000rpm thing at least x12 times.
                Make sure you let it get all the way up to temperature before you start giving it a little hell!
                GOOD LUCK with your build! DONT mix part positions up like I did!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X