Push starting my car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push starting my car??

I was wondering how hard it is on the car to push start it. luckaly I dont have to push start my Camaro, its alittle too heavy. LOL I have a little Saturn that is my daily driver. That is what I have to push start. I think my starter is going out. It will start sometimes with the starter, but when the engine gets warmed up the starter stops working. So what I am getting at is that I usually have to push start the car about twice a day. So I want to know if it is going to tear up the tranny or clutch or something like that.

Re: Push starting my car??

its not too good for the clutch but then again neither is launching at 3000 rpms lol

Comment

Originally posted by av6xperience
      its not too good for the clutch but then again neither is launching at 3000 rpms lol
      Yeah thats true. I usually launch the saturn at 4500 rpms, I would launch at about 5000 or 5500 but it has a rev limiter in neutral at 4500 rpms. LOL It has a new tranny and a new clutch anyway. So I guess it should be fine. I dont really plan on getting it fixed any time soon cuz starters are too expensive. Plus its not that hard to push start because it doesnt weigh very much. LOL
      Last edited by camaro_360; 09-07-2006, 01:33 AM.

Comment

I've heard that push starting a car with a cat can cause the cat to burn up sooner than it should. The injectors can dump more fuel than is burned before it fires up.

Comment

It really shouldnt bother it. We have a old tractor and the barn in on top of a high hill. When we park it we back in it, and i think you know the rest, but we have been doing this for like 20 years with no problems. Besides its just a old 6 volt tractor.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

ive done it a couple times since i killed my battery adjusting my lights

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X