P1514 Code :o( Help Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1514 Code :o( Help Please!!!

i know it has been posted by other people but I cant seem to understand this...so yesterday I get back to my glass shop from work and i start the car and let it idle til its at the idle temp as always, and my car starts stumbling really really bad, I tried to drive it and it stumbled around the lower rpms then jumps up normal...the check engine light came on and I had it tested at autozone and I get code # P1514 which is Airflow to TP Sensor Correlation High ... and I get the p0305 which is misfire on 5th cylinder, the misfire im sure its the coil pack but the TP sensor, does that just mean i need a new tps?? i mean it stumbles and bogs down badly! i know it has something to do with the maf or tps. 99 camaro 118K+ miles, new plugs and wires, plugs gapped correctly. good oil...plugs not fowled little rich smelling after problem happened....engine power light came on then went off cus i took maf out then put it back in. im stumped...hopefully its just the tps cause the maf is expensive

Re: P1514 Code :o( Help Please!!!

thanks in advance for any help guys...sorry about this post im sure it has come up before!

Comment

Quoted from autozone.com for a 99 3.8l TPS:

"Throttle Position Sensor for a
      1999 CHEVROLET CAMARO
      WELLS #TPS144 -$37.99"

IMO, for $38 I'd replace it to see if anything changes. It's a HELL of alot cheaper than a new MAF!
      Also for your misfire, check your spark plug wires. They are known to melt & arc on the upper intake manifold and cause you to believe that a injector, spark plug, and coil pack went bad when it actually didn't. GM ran them spark plug wires way too close to the upper intake manifold, and excessive engine heat will begin to melt them and cause an arc in very little time.
      sigpic

Comment

so i change the coil packs... went ahead and did all three...no sense in half assing anything right? but first of all i changed the 2,5 coil pack and wallah! it's fixed...freakin bummer man, i thought it was gonna be something more serious.. Sarcasm: man I wanted to have something really hard to work on, I love spending all of my money, not!...lol thanks for the help anyways guys. :banana: :wavey: :tup:

Comment

well i guess ill go get her dyno'd at pretty much stock form and see what she does, and then later on maybe feb. ill post some photos and what not after we install turbo system.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
            . GM ran them spark plug wires way too close to the upper intake manifold, and excessive engine heat will begin to melt them and cause an arc in very little time.
            All thanks to the stupid EGR! They could've at least put some kind of spark plug wire loop on the cowl to hold the spark plugs from touching the UIM!
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X