How much power from mods and how to make quick power - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much power from mods and how to make quick power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much power from mods and how to make quick power

what do u guys think a 99 firebird v6 5 speed would run in the 1/4 mile stock??????

Comment

I say mid 15's somewhere around there.

Comment

hey guys i also have a question,i have a 1996 camaro which has single piston calipers but i want to upgrade and get my friends 1998 double piston calipers, would they fit my car? with larger rotors? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman19851985 View Post
          i have a question for every one i just got a 1998 firebird v6 3800 the motor is blown so i have a few options and questions what would you do with the car i found a ls1 at 3,000 for the hole car but no tittle and it was cought on fire but wireing harnes and every thing i need is ok but i also found a 3800 out of a 2000 gran prix difrent intake and every thing so il have to change it all and my boss made me a bet that i cant make that v6 beat his 2001 corvette in a 1/4 mile drag so my question is how much $$ would it take to beat the vett with the 6 banger i would like to prove him wrong his dyno reading is 336 rwhp what dus my 3800 have for stock hp and what mods do you guys think i should do and just one more question should i take the motor out from the top or bottom i need any input that can help me im new to this site so if anyone need my email but here it is anyway rocketman19851985@yahoo.com
          First off do a basic tuneup...plugs, wires, clean the throttle body and intake, fuel filter, oil filter etc etc.

I am assuming you really want to beat him lol so just so you know it isnt easy. His car should be capable of consistent low 13s and if it's a good day and he's not a crappy driver low 12s should be not that hard for him.

You are going to need to either do some extensive engine work and weight reduction along with a gear swap to beat him N/A but the car will run high rpms on the freeway and your mileage will suffer. Also, FYI it would take a lot of money to get your car to run 12s N/A. A lot.

You can do that,or you can go with a power adder.

Nitrous is gotta be the quickest and easiest way. I would go this route along with some boltons and a cam. You could get a good nitrous camshaft and better springs. Headers(long tubes if thy even make them for these cars). Exhaust...anything other than stock will do. Cold air intake. maybe do some smaller supporting mods like a 160 degree thermostat and bypass the throttle body coolant...they arent going to be noticable gains but it isnt one single mod that wins the race they all work together and support eachother..

Or you could buy a turbo kit or a supercharger and crank up the boost lol.

Either way it isnt easy but I have to say swapping the cam and lapping on some boltons and nitrous isnt that hard at all and it works well. A 150 shot alone would get you close but you would have to have your car running in tiptop shape and the tne would have to be safe to keep you from blowing the motor. Its easy to do that with nitrous.

BTW dry kits are dangerous, try to find a wet kit if you do decide to spray.

Any questions post up....

-Stone
          99 Z28 M6...91 Z28 A4...84 Z28 A4

Comment

I say forced induction is the way to go and some spray. That would put you in the 12's there was some one around here that had a firebird running 13's i believe but he had a blower and a crappy tune. The key to everything is tune my friend if going forced induction get someone that knows what he is doing don't want the car to blow up on you half way down the track.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman19851985 View Post
              i have a question for every one i just got a 1998 firebird v6 3800 the motor is blown so i have a few options and questions what would you do with the car i found a ls1 at 3,000 for the hole car but no tittle and it was cought on fire but wireing harnes and every thing i need is ok but i also found a 3800 out of a 2000 gran prix difrent intake and every thing so il have to change it all and my boss made me a bet that i cant make that v6 beat his 2001 corvette in a 1/4 mile drag so my question is how much $$ would it take to beat the vett with the 6 banger i would like to prove him wrong his dyno reading is 336 rwhp what dus my 3800 have for stock hp and what mods do you guys think i should do and just one more question should i take the motor out from the top or bottom i need any input that can help me im new to this site so if anyone need my email but here it is anyway rocketman19851985@yahoo.com
              did anyone notice there isnt a single period in there? and that he posted that in like march?
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

No not really.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X