How much power from mods and how to make quick power - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much power from mods and how to make quick power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much power from mods and how to make quick power

Is there a simple guide outlining some basic hardware mods and the approximate HP/Torque they add to the car?

For example...
    K&N Filter = 3hp
    "Ram-Air" kit = 15hp
    Turbo = 150% of previous HP

I have no idea if those numbers are even close to being right. I'm just giving an example... I've poked around a little on the forum and can't find anything like I'm looking for. I don't want to spend a ton on mega performance upgrades but I might do a few hundred bucks worth of stuff if it'll help with power and/or gas milage :).
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Re: Pardon my ignorance but... is there an HP/Torque mod guide on here?

The "Modifications Encyclopedia" does not give exact horsepower numbers, but is is full of great information. I have refered to it several time and am grateful to those who compiled it.
    95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

Originally posted by hagerbump
      The "Modifications Encyclopedia" does not give exact horsepower numbers, but is is full of great information. I have refered to it several time and am grateful to those who compiled it.
      Searched for "modification encyclopedia" and didn't find it. Maybe I'm missing something...

Link please O_o'
      Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Here in the forums the link is across the top of the page. Right under search.
        95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

the reason there isnt a hp/torque guide is because every car responds differently to mods due to tons of different reasons.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

any gains from mods depend on each car/engine and the other supporting mods, weather, and other factors. Can't really say how much you gain from each thing cuz it depends on a ton of factors
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Here in the forums the link is across the top of the page. Right under search.
              lol, wow. So obvious...

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                any gains from mods depend on each car/engine and the other supporting mods, weather, and other factors. Can't really say how much you gain from each thing cuz it depends on a ton of factors
                Originally posted by coburnaburna
                Couldn't have put it better myself.
                ya, tired of noobs asking the same questions over and over, 97rs ought to make his statement a sticky.
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yea time to change the title a bit and I am going to sticky this. So many people ask the same thing....how much power do I get from this and that....what can I do to gain some quick power...

Everyone looking for mods to do for quick power, please use the search feature here in the general tech section. There are tons of threads started about this very topic and there is no need to make another thread on it.

In case you are somewhat lazy, the first few things are this: intake/exhaust/gears/lsd

Also check out the mod encyclopedia for more info on certain mods.
                  Last edited by 97rs4life; 07-26-2006, 06:16 AM.
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                    what can I do to gain some quick power...
                    do some quick reading/research/searching! lol
                    Last edited by slow6; 07-26-2006, 06:18 AM.
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

For something calling itself an "encyclopedia," there sure is alot of misinformation...especially pertaining to the gear section

Comment

Re: How much power from mods and how to make quick power

i have a question for every one i just got a 1998 firebird v6 3800 the motor is blown so i have a few options and questions what would you do with the car i found a ls1 at 3,000 for the hole car but no tittle and it was cought on fire but wireing harnes and every thing i need is ok but i also found a 3800 out of a 2000 gran prix difrent intake and every thing so il have to change it all and my boss made me a bet that i cant make that v6 beat his 2001 corvette in a 1/4 mile drag so my question is how much $$ would it take to beat the vett with the 6 banger i would like to prove him wrong his dyno reading is 336 rwhp what dus my 3800 have for stock hp and what mods do you guys think i should do and just one more question should i take the motor out from the top or bottom i need any input that can help me im new to this site so if anyone need my email but here it is anyway rocketman19851985@yahoo.com

Comment

Use the search function. Tons and tons of information about these engines with questions that you'll have answered especially if you're starting out. You would need to start a new thread though before asking questions on one that's over a year old. Check out the post dates at the top left of each comment.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman19851985 View Post
                            so my question is how much $$ would it take to beat the vett with the 6 banger
                            $3-$4000

Comment

2 year old thread ressurection ftl...yea if your doing the work yourself 3-4g's...gotta choose a route u wanna take...whats his vette run on the 1/4 right now?

If you really wanna stick it to him, try to beat him N/A

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X