PCV valve help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCV valve help

ive tried with the needle nose pliers several times with all my muscle, all that i got out of it was jacked up fingers and a bruised forehead lol. its very frustrating however it doesn't need to be replaced at this moment. i know it will sometime in the future though since i have around 130,000 miles on my baby. i even sprayed a little wd-40 but that did crap to it. its moves around freely, rotates and slids up and down a lil, but wont come out. this and my starting problem both have me stumped.

Comment

lol say to hell with it, take the valve cover off and smack that beotch out with a hammer lol. no seriously tho, i'd try smacking it a few times with a small punch and hammer. mine came out with no problem at all. try it with the engine at operating temp. maybe cuz its cold its harder to get out. i know thats what ya do for exhaust bolts and whatnot. if it still doesnt work, give it to a dealership. that way if something breaks, they'll have to replace it.
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Sounds like you need more leverage. Get a set of bigger plyers or vice grips. Clamp the vice grips onto the pvc, get a block of wood, wedge it between the vice grips and valve cover and push down on the end of the handles. Should pop right out.
        69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X