PCV valve help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCV valve help

im TRYING to change out the pcv valve. i got the cover off, spring is out too but the p.o.s. pcv valve wont come out. it lifts up and down a little bit but wont come all the way out even with long nose pliers. anything i can do??

Re: god help me

What year car are you working with? On my 95 the PCV valve simply slides out of a rubber grommet in the valve cover. Then you just replace the whole thing for like $3.00 at any auto parts store.
    95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

96. whats a rubber grommet? all i saw was the cover then the black dirty spring then the pcv valve. it will only come a certain distance up then no more even with all my strength using neddle nose pliers

Comment

The PCV is just a 90° plastic elbow with a small valve inside. It pushes into the top of the passenger side valve cover which has the rubber grommet(a rubber washer) which seals the PCV to the valve cover. Then a rubber hose goes from the PCV to your intake. There are no replacable parts in a PCV valve, you chuck the old one in the trash.

Maybe you are working on the EGR valve which is connected to the exhaust manifold?
        95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

which part is 90 degrees? the pcv valve i got from orielly is a straight little metal thingy. when i took the cover off and the spring out, the thing inside looks the same from the top as the one i just bought. god i feel like this should be a simple simple process but it wont freaking come out....

Comment

I wish I could be more help, you are on the right track. The PCV should just pull out of the valve cover. Now that I think about it mine is a straight and there is a rubber elbow that goes on top of the PCV then a metal tube goes in the other end of the rubber elbow that connects to my intake elbow.
            95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

its fine. i dont HAVE to replace mine right now just thought id get it out of the way for future possibilities. i just cant figure out how to get it to come out. ive tried pulling as hard as i possibly can with those pliers and it wont budge

Comment

Hope to be able to help you some other time. Good luck.
                95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

take a pic
                  2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I replaced mine like 3 weeks ago. I just got a pliers and pulled it out. Came out with a little tug, not to much effort needed. Did it in about 5 minutes.
                    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: PCV valve help

My first time it was hard becouse it was kinda melted I guess, but it pulls strait up I dont know if you can spray somthing in it to loosen it

Comment

it seems like it should come straight up out but it doesnt. believe me it wont. ive pulled so hard my fingers hurt from it AND i was wearing gloves just cause i knew it would hurt pulling that hard. its almost as if something is making it stuck....idk its wierd and all i know is it should just come out but wont. its very very annoying. somebody told me to spray some wd-40 but idk if that would end up being bad for the motor or not but i might try tomm if i still cant get it.

Comment

does it turn in the hole at all?
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

hmm idk it might. it can slide up and down a little bit but theres a point where it wont come up anymore and i hate it

Comment

ok guys, i think half of you are talking about the 3.4 and half are talking about the 3.8, from his description, i gather he has a 3.8, so if you have a 3.4 it is different, and it should just pull right out of there, mine came out with the spring, so i dont know what to tell you, except dont listen to the guys talking about a plastic elbow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X