I think I narrowed down my cold start problem - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I narrowed down my cold start problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I narrowed down my cold start problem

I think it’s the fuel pump, after I start the engine on the second try or give it gas it will start fine. Fuel pressure is 44+ psi when It cranks but I’ve replaced everything like IAC, Maf, FPR and checked for vacuum leaks. The pump is a Walbro 255 high pressure that is 21 years old. Started doing it 6-8 years ago. Only thing that I haven’t replaced is the pump. I have another new Walbro 255 high pressure pump GSS342 so might as well replace it. I have the trap door in the hatch so pretty simple. Just have to move stuff to get to the door.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Glad to know you're getting close. Do you use glue to close off the container to your fuel pump?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      Glad to know you're getting close. Do you use glue to close off the container to your fuel pump?

No I ditched the bucket and used hose clamps. It’s worked for 21 years now, no problems.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just hose clamp the pump to the assembly and that’s it , if you haven’t already, do the trap door in the hatch. Did mine 21 years ago and just made a cover out of dead mat sound deadening material. No problems, but I made my amp rack on top of the door so I’ll have to disconnect all the amps and 30 farad cap and slide the rack forward to get to the trap door.

Comment

Oh ok. Next time you pull it out can you take a pic of it. Interested in how you clamped it with just hoses.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
            Oh ok. Next time you pull it out can you take a pic of it. Interested in how you clamped it with just hoses.
            Yeah should be in a month or 2 still working on other stuff. I’ll take some pics. It’s not hoses it’s hose clamps the worm ones.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 03-10-2023, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X